Des Moines Iowa local chapter Revived

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
NAVigator

Des Moines Iowa local chapter Revived

Post by NAVigator »

Several of us in the Eastern Iowa Diehards group believe there is a need for a local chapter in the Des Moines area to serve the central part of the state. If interested in joining and forming such a group, please send a PM to get things started. A few of us from the Eastern Iowa Diehards would be pleased to attend your first meeting, share our experiences, and offer suggestions about getting started. Send a PM if you are interested in joining and possibly leading the new Central Iowa chapter of the Bogleheads.

Jerry
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
enderland

Re: Des Moines Iowa local chapter?

Post by enderland »

I'd be interested!

PM sent shortly.
kbc1234

Post by kbc1234 »

Jerry: I am interested. I will send you a PM.

Kevin
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Let me know via PM if someone agrees to become the new Local Chapter coordinator.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
CyclingDuo

Post by CyclingDuo »

Mel Lindauer wrote:Let me know via PM if someone agrees to become the new Local Chapter coordinator.
Did this ever materialize?
"Save like a pessimist, invest like an optimist." - Morgan Housel | "Pick a bushel, save a peck!" - Grandpa
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

CyclingDuo wrote:
Mel Lindauer wrote:Let me know via PM if someone agrees to become the new Local Chapter coordinator.
Still waiting from someone to step up and agree to be the Local Chapter Coordinator. PM me if you're interested.
CyclingDuo

Post by CyclingDuo »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm
CyclingDuo wrote:
Still waiting from someone to step up and agree to be the Local Chapter Coordinator. PM me if you're interested.
I - or rather - we would be interested in stepping up to be the local chapter coordinators. However, if it would just be my wife and I who show up out of the 634K population base of the Des Moines Metro Area attending a meeting... :|

Post up if anyone in the Des Moines Area would be interested in having a local chapter up and running! If we get a few interested, and get the word out - we're in.

CyclingDuo
"Save like a pessimist, invest like an optimist." - Morgan Housel | "Pick a bushel, save a peck!" - Grandpa
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

From the posts above, it sounds like you've got at least five Bogleheads who are interested in getting the Chapter going and meeting. The only way to tell if it's going to be successful is to get it started.

PM me and we'll get things started.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

OK, CyclingDuo has stepped up and agreed to be the new coordinator for the Des Moines Local Chapter.

His contact information is: DesMoinesBogleheads@mediacombb.net

You can use this Local Chapters sub forum to communicate with each other.

Good luck to the revitalized Des Moines Bogleheads Local Chapter.
CyclingDuo

Re: Des Moines Iowa local chapter Revived

Post by CyclingDuo »

Feedback request: Potential Meeting at 2 PM on Sunday, December 17th. Location TBA, but several in mind.

Does that work for those who are interested? Format would be more informal to get acquainted for new members, and set some strategic meeting goals for 2018.