John Norstad website

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
shashi

John Norstad website

Post by shashi »

Hi all,

There used to be a site John used to maintain (back in late 90s and early 00 period) and it was perfect for quick read on Total Market investing and Efficient Market Hypothesis. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Shashi.
VictoriaF

Re: john nostrad website

Post by VictoriaF »

John is posting a jln. You can send him a PM.

Victoria
Inventor of the Bogleheads Secret Handshake | Winner of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)
charles_shaw

Re: John Norstad website

Post by charles_shaw »

Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

shashi wrote:Hi all,

There used to be a site John used to maintain (back in late 90s and early 00 period) and it was perfect for quick read on Total Market investing and Efficient Market Hypothesis. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Shashi.
Shashi:

John Norstad was one of the most valuable diehard contributors to ever grace the Boglehead forums. John's website is still there. This is the link:

John Norstad's Finance Page

One of John's best:

Investing in Total Markets

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Topic Author
shashi

Post by shashi »

Yes, the one on Total Markets. Thanks a lot Taylor!

Great to see John organized his writing into a site. Kudos John!!! You should write a book even if you don't want to make money from it :)

Shashi.
jln

Post by jln »

shashi wrote:You should write a book ...
I did write a book - it's the finance page on my web site, I just didn't get it published by a third party!

The series of "homework" papers on MPT, when smashed together in order from first to last, is pretty much indistinguishable from a book.

But that book is heavy on math. If you mean a popular book on investing, I have no interest in that. Too much work, and I have nothing much to add to the practical advice of John Bogle and many others, several of whom are great authors who post or have posted in this forum.

John Norstad