Kansas City Diehard Group

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
ginny

Kansas City Diehard Group

Post by ginny » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:17 pm

Anyone know of a group in the KC area?

Mel Lindauer

Re: Kansas City Diehard Group?

Post by Mel Lindauer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:08 pm

ginny wrote:Anyone know of a group in the KC area?
Hi ginny:

Here's a map and listing of the current Diehards Local Chapters: http://www.lostsprings.com/diehards/chapters/

While there curently isn't a Chapter in Kansas City, perhaps you'll get more Diehards in your area to respond to this post.

If you get five or more Diehards who are interested in forming a KC Local Chapter, and one of you agrees to be the Local Chapter Coordinator (doesn't have to be an investing guru), let me know via PM or by addressing a post to me on this thread. I'll then assign your group the next available Chapter number and add your group and contact information to the Diehards Local Chapters Map so others can find your group.

Good luck, and best regards,

Mel

emoney3339

Post by emoney3339 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:50 pm

ginny,

I live in KC and would be intersted in being a part of a KC chapter, if we can get enough people to start one.

the11diesel

Post by the11diesel » Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 am

Yo, I am also from the land of David Cook, and would be interested in a local Diehards chapter.

-The Diesel

emoney3339

Post by emoney3339 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:14 pm

If anyone else is in the KC (or David Cook) area and would like to join our efforts in starting a chapter here, please respond.

geoborn

KC Diehards group

Post by geoborn » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:44 pm

I would be interested in joining a KC Diehards group.

Mel Lindauer

Kansas City Diehards Chapter?

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Hello KC Diehards:

You're only one member away from qualifying for a Diehards Local Chapter. There's got to be more interested KC Diehards. If so, speak up and help get your Chapter started!

Regards,

Mel

millertime1224

Sign Me Up

Post by millertime1224 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:46 pm

I am interested in a KC group as well. I do need to preface that I will only be around for a couple of more months before heading to Dublin for a 2 year secondment with my firm. Hope this gets the KC chapter up and going!

jmo

Post by jmo » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:36 pm

I am also interested in joining a KC Diehards group.

Mel Lindauer

Kansas City Diehards Local Chapter

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi KC Diehards:

Looks like you've got enough folks who are interested in forming a Diehards Local Chapter. All we need now is for one of you to agree to be the chapter coordinator and send me your name and contact e-mail. I'll assign you the next available Local Chapter number and add your name and contact information to the Local Chapters Map and you'll be in business!

Good luck, and best regards,

Mel

kravsteve

Post by kravsteve » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:17 am

I'm interested as well. please let me know if one gets set up.

Thanks

Mel Lindauer

New KC Diehards Local Chapter

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:14 pm

Hello KC Bogleheads:

I'm pleased to announce that Emmanuel Ayuk (e-mail emmanuel.ayuk@gmail.com) has agreed to become the KC Local Chapter coordinator.

I'm going to assign the next available chapter number to your group, and will be adding your group's name and contact information to the Diehards Local Chapters map here http://www.lostsprings.com/diehards/chapters/.

Your group will be known as the Kansas City Diehards Local Chapter #33.

Good luck to all the KC Local Chapter members!

Best regards,

Mel

rushnp774

Post by rushnp774 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:02 pm

I know the last post here was over two years ago, but I'm definitely interested in the KC Bogleheads group. Anyone know if anything has happened with the group lately?

slow n steady

Post by slow n steady » Sat May 28, 2011 10:48 pm

rushnp774 wrote:I know the last post here was over two years ago, but I'm definitely interested in the KC Bogleheads group. Anyone know if anything has happened with the group lately?
I emailed the coordinator once but didn't get a response. I would be interested if it got started up.

drmeiners

Re: Kansas City Diehard Group

Post by drmeiners » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:52 pm

could be fun

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:19 pm

If the listed coordinator isn't responding, perhaps someone else would like to step up and be the new coordinator and get the chapter back up and running again? If you're willing to volunteer, just drop me a PM and we'll get the KC Local Chapter back in business.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

Mapro

Post by Mapro » Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm

I also emailed the listed coordinator for KC Chapter, and never received a response. I am very interested in meeting other Bogleheads in the area. I really don't know how a local chapter is organized or really what it does, but I am very interested in meeting other Bogleheads. Anyone interested in reviving a KC Chapter, please respond to this post, and perhaps with some guidance, we can figure out how to get things going.
"Two men looked out from prison bars. One saw the mud, the other saw the stars."

CordMcNally

Post by CordMcNally » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm also in the area.

Bstnsox

Post by Bstnsox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Did a KC group ever get formed?

boredinks

Post by boredinks » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:28 pm

According to the local chapters list viewtopic.php?f=9&t=778, there is a contact. I don't know if anything has been done here though.

Chapter 33 - Kansas City
Contact Emmanuel Ayuk (emmanuel.ayuk@gmail.com)

Since there have been a few that have said that the contact hasn't replied, I'm gonna go with no, there is not really an active group here.

Mapro

Post by Mapro » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:25 am

I have been and remain interested in a Chapter for Kansas City, but have not acted on this desire. I am not an official contact and do not know any specifics regarding starting a Chapter. However, if a couple people are interested in going forward, I am game. Perhaps an interested party or two could email me to start a dialogue. My email is go.osubuckeyes@yahoo.com.
"Two men looked out from prison bars. One saw the mud, the other saw the stars."

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:06 am

Mapro wrote:I have been and remain interested in a Chapter for Kansas City, but have not acted on this desire. I am not an official contact and do not know any specifics regarding starting a Chapter. However, if a couple people are interested in going forward, I am game. Perhaps an interested party or two could email me to start a dialogue. My email is go.osubuckeyes@yahoo.com.
If you get things going and want to be listed on the Local Chapters Map as the coordinator, Mapro, just let me know and I'll add you as the Local Chapter coordinator so others can find and contact you.

digarei

Post by digarei » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:08 pm

If you keep this thread active, more people from KC...Johnson County, etc will see it in the coming days and weeks and be willing to participate. Awareness takes time.

Best of luck to you all!

Maypro, I sent you an e-mail.
Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.

danpmor

Post by danpmor » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am

Did anything ever get going in KC? This post is 2 years old now. I live in KC and would love to know if there is an active group.

longfellowkc

Post by longfellowkc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 am

Also in KC and would love to get a chapter started. According to the Bogleheads book there's a group here? Would love details and if there isn't something currently going -- would be interested in setting it up. A monthly or quarterly meeting using meetup.com would be cool?

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Yes, there is/was a group in Kansas City. See Chapter #33 here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... rz5wHiBB7s

If the local coordinator is no longer active, then we'd need someone to volunteer to become the new local coordinator. If you're interested, contact me via PM.

danpmor

Post by danpmor » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:40 pm
Yes, there is/was a group in Kansas City. See Chapter #33 here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... rz5wHiBB7s

If the local coordinator is no longer active, then we'd need someone to volunteer to become the new local coordinator. If you're interested, contact me via PM.
I've only been a member of the forum for a month so I doubt that qualifies me to coordinate but I'd certainly be willing to help get some meet ups going in the KC area.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:13 pm

danpmor wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 pm
Mel Lindauer wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:40 pm

I've only been a member of the forum for a month so I doubt that qualifies me to coordinate but I'd certainly be willing to help get some meet ups going in the KC area.
The Local Chapter Coordinator doesn't have to be an investment guru. Rather, he/she simply communicates with the members to set up agreeable meeting dates, times, locations, etc. That communication can take place right here on this sub-forum and thread. Let me know if you're interested.

sco

Post by sco » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:56 am

Interested in the group

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Good news. We have a new Kansas City Local Chapter Coordinator.

longfellowkc has stepped up and agreed to be the new Chapter Coordinator. I'll add his contact info to the existing Kansas City Local Chapter as the new Coordinator.

The new contact info is:
Maxwell
kansascitybogleheads@gmail.com

Thanks to Maxwell for stepping up. Good luck to all the Kansas City Bogleheads. Just holler if I can help. Otherwise, you can use this thread to communicate with each other about meeting dates, locations, times and anything else you'd like to discuss.

danpmor

Post by danpmor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 am

longfellowkc wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 am
Also in KC and would love to get a chapter started. According to the Bogleheads book there's a group here? Would love details and if there isn't something currently going -- would be interested in setting it up. A monthly or quarterly meeting using meetup.com would be cool?
Count me in! Let me know if I can assist.

longfellowkc

Post by longfellowkc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Please reach out to me on facebook or via email kansascitybogleheads@gmail.com . I made a Bogleheads - Kansas City group on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/150535408855025/ . Once we gauge interest we can consider setting up some meetings. :D

longfellowkc

Post by longfellowkc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 am

Fellow KC Bogleheads,

I'm excited to announce that we'll be holding our first official Kansas City Bogleheads Meeting Saturday March 24th from 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM at the Community Room at the Longfellow Ronald McDonald House. For those of you on Facebook, please join our group at the following URL: http://bit.ly/kcbogleheadfb and consider RSVP’ing to our Facebook event: http://bit.ly/2BFzEyL . We plan on meeting quarterly to get things started.

Kansas City Longfellow Ronald McDonald House
2502 Cherry St
Kansas City, MO 64108

If you’re not on Facebook, that’s fine! I have also created a mailing list, as many of you will be receiving this via email if you’ve reached out in the past.

We’ll be doing an introduction presentation on the history of the Bogleheads, Jack Bogle and the investment philosophy that we espouse as well as several other topics TBA. I’d like to thank fellow Boglehead, Daniel Morrow for helping to co-lead and collaborate on getting the group started.

We’ll also be gauging interest in other presentation topics for future meetings.

Thanks for showing interest and I look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

Maxwell

Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:27 pm

On our site's affiliate blog I have transferred the KC chapter from inactive to active. Here is the KC blog page:

Kansas City Bogleheads.

Let me know if you want any additional information included in the page.

The chapter is grouped along with our midwest chapters: Midwest chapters.

I also try to keep local chapter meeting schedules on the site calendar of events: Upcoming events.

regards,
Barry
Image | blb | December Birthday Celebration: Ludwig van Beethoven

il0kin

Post by il0kin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:25 pm

Just joined the Facebook group (and the site) but have been interested in Boglehead investing for a long time. I'm Nick in the FB group.

GridironGems

Post by GridironGems » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:04 pm

How did the March meeting go? I live in Manhattan, KS and just curious

digarei

Post by digarei » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 pm

GridironGems wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:04 pm
How did the March meeting go? I live in Manhattan, KS and just curious
Yes, others of us are also interested in the outcome of the March meeting.

When is the next meeting scheduled? I’m planning a trip to KC soon and would like to coordinate my time there with your next meeting.

Thanks!
longfellowkc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 am
Fellow KC Bogleheads,

I'm excited to announce that we'll be holding our first official Kansas City Bogleheads Meeting Saturday March 24th from 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM at the Community Room at the Longfellow Ronald McDonald House. For those of you on Facebook, please join our group at the following URL: http://bit.ly/kcbogleheadfb and consider RSVP’ing to our Facebook event: http://bit.ly/2BFzEyL . We plan on meeting quarterly to get things started.

Kansas City Longfellow Ronald McDonald House
2502 Cherry St
Kansas City, MO 64108

If you’re not on Facebook, that’s fine! I have also created a mailing list, as many of you will be receiving this via email if you’ve reached out in the past.

We’ll be doing an introduction presentation on the history of the Bogleheads, Jack Bogle and the investment philosophy that we espouse as well as several other topics TBA. I’d like to thank fellow Boglehead, Daniel Morrow for helping to co-lead and collaborate on getting the group started.

We’ll also be gauging interest in other presentation topics for future meetings.

Thanks for showing interest and I look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

Maxwell
Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.