South Florida Local Chapter

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Re: South Florida Local Chapter

Post by Barry Barnitz »

Hi:

Here is the blog posting of LazyNihilist's summary of the January 22, 2017 South Florida Local Chapter Meeting. We made a few small modifications to the text to fit it for the blog medium and to make the post clearer for a potential general public viewer. Thank you very much for the contribution.

Report from the South Florida Bogleheads Local Chapter Meeting (January 22, 2017) | Financial Page

regards,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Thank you everyone for such a warm and informative meeting :happy I learned new ideas about investing, it's good to talk about our investing experiences and plans with others. We had 37 Bogleheads and several late-comers who may not have signed in.

The photos are wonderful and they capture the beautiful aquamarine waters of Biscayne Bay out the picture window 8-) Many thanks to Lazy Nihilist and Michael Larimore for posting them. It certainly was a beautiful balmy Miami day.

Taylor - special appreciation for your words of wisdom. We especially enjoy your stories of your investing past; we learn from them, nice historical perspective. :happy

Larry - thank you for keeping our Bogleheads server happy; we go into serious depression without it :wink:

Clevername - great job moderating a large meeting on far-ranging tax topics. We thank your accounting firm, Eisner Amper, for hosting our meeting and providing parking.

Our next meeting might be in May/June 8-)

Miriam2
SoFlaBogle

Post by SoFlaBogle »

Is the best way to stay on top of things by checking this forum post or is there a MeetUp page or mailing list that also goes out?
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

SoFlaBogle wrote:Is the best way to stay on top of things by checking this forum post or is there a MeetUp page or mailing list that also goes out?
Yes, the best way to stay on top of things is to check this forum thread regularly; there is no other meet-up page. Meetings and locations are posted here. I sent you a PM on Jan 1st and you can PM us if you prefer. You can also contact us on our South Florida Local Chapter gmail - SFLBogleheads@gmail.com
1030danielle

Post by 1030danielle »

Thanks, Miriam, for posting the photos. What a view!
Danielle
BogleTails

Post by BogleTails »

clevername wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you all for attending the other day! I was very happy to host our first Bogleheads meeting of 2017, and it seems like everyone had a great time. It was great to see everyone again, and meet so many new members too. Looking forward to next time,

Best regards,

Josh
clevername, thanks again for hosting the meeting. It was wonderful to meet everyone and wish Taylor a happy birthday!

as a warning, my credit card was skimmed using the parking meter just South of the building. In case anyone else used that meter, check you statements ASAP.

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Hello South Florida Bogleheads! 8-)

Our next chapter meeting will either be on Sunday, June 25 or Sunday, July 9, 2017, from 12 noon to 2:00 pm.
The location will either be in Aventura or Hollywood.

Just wanted to give everyone the heads-up before the details are firmed up :happy

Please PM me with any questions - I am the new chapter coordinator and clevername is on vacation.

Our email is: SFLBogleheads@gmail.com
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

** PLEASE NOTE NEW DATE **

Details for our next South Florida chapter meeting 8-)

NEW DATE - Sunday July 30, 2017 - 12 noon - 2:00 pm - (not July 9)

Location -
Stirling Road Branch, Broward County Library
Large conference room
3151 Stirling Road, Hollywood, Fla.

Directions -
From I-95 - exit Stirling Road
Go west 1-2 miles
Library is on right (north side), set back behind large oak trees

Plenty of free parking out front. We have room for 60-65 people, guests are welcome.
Please RSVP here on the forum or to me by PM or through our local chapter email - SFLBogleheads@gmail.com

Let us know a topic you would like to discuss, along with our just-talk-finance-&-ask-Qs.

Taylor has offered to feed us well with sandwiches and investment advice & experience :D
Last edited by Miriam2 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nova1967

Post by Nova1967 »

niteowls wrote:Anyone interested in forming a south florida chapter- W.P.B. to
Miami, please let me know. Thanks :idea:
It might be better to meet halfway like Ft Lauderdale or Boca
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Nova1967 wrote:
niteowls wrote:Anyone interested in forming a south florida chapter- W.P.B. to
Miami, please let me know. Thanks :idea:
It might be better to meet halfway like Ft Lauderdale or Boca
We are holding our next South Florida local chapter Boglehead meeting in Hollywood and we hope this will be fairly central for Bogleheads from the north, the south, and the west. As South Floridians know, Florida has no east :wink:

Please see above post for the details. Looking forward to another nice meeting :happy
MrDogg

Post by MrDogg »

NEW DATE - Sunday July 30, 2017 - 12 noon - 2:00 pm - (not July 9)

This is my RSVP for one person.

This will be my second year to attend. I got a lot out of last years meeting and am looking forward to this year. In my case this years location is ideal.
Kitty Telltales

Post by Kitty Telltales »

Hi South Florida Bogleheads,

Luckily we'll be in town beginning on July 13 and look forward to attending. Add 2 to the list (Winnie and Mary)

Our most pertinent questions have to do with my husband's recent retirement. We are looking for sage words of wisdom from more experienced retirees, not only about finances but also about dealing with the change of lifestyle. I'll probably not retire for 5 years so, therefore I'm having some jitters about what seems to be a high market for my last retirement contributions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Kitty Telltales wrote:Our most pertinent questions have to do with my husband's recent retirement. We are looking for sage words of wisdom from more experienced retirees, not only about finances but also about dealing with the change of lifestyle. I'll probably not retire for 5 years so, therefore I'm having some jitters about what seems to be a high market for my last retirement contributions.
Good topic! I'm sure our experienced retirees will have plenty to say :happy

Here are some helpful Boglehead threads on this:

This thread Retirement - Ten Key Years {Retirement Red Zone}+Summary is a gem by forum member Peter Foley, who wrote chapter 1, "The Retirement Planning Process," in the Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning.

This thread How Old Habits Can Sabotage Retirement is a gem by forum member mlebuf (Michael LeBoeuf) who wrote The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing along with Taylor and Mel.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

We have a nice group of 26 South Florida Bogleheads for our next meeting, including quite a few brand-newbies - welcome! :D

Sunday July 30, 2017 - 12 noon - 2:00 pm

Stirling Road Branch, Broward County Library

We have room for 60-65, see up-thread for complete details. 8-)
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Bumping for visibility :happy
RetireSomeday5

Post by RetireSomeday5 »

I'm moving back home to Fort Lauderdale (born and raised) and plan to be arriving sometime that weekend. If I'm down in time I'll try to attend. Otherwise I look forward to the next meeting. :D
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

RetireSomeday5 wrote:I'm moving back home to Fort Lauderdale (born and raised) and plan to be arriving sometime that weekend. If I'm down in time I'll try to attend. Otherwise I look forward to the next meeting. :D
Welcome back to South Florida! Our meeting location in Hollywood is only 20 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale. Please feel free to come as you are in your moving clothes :wink: and take a break from the moving-chore to join us for a nice meeting 8-)
macaroon

Post by macaroon »

I tried to RSVP to the gmail.com address and it got kicked back. I don't know if my PM made it through or not, so I'm going to RSVP here, as well.

My husband and I are looking forward to attending. Thanks!
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

macaroon wrote:I tried to RSVP to the gmail.com address and it got kicked back. I don't know if my PM made it through or not, so I'm going to RSVP here, as well.
My husband and I are looking forward to attending. Thanks!
Sorry macaroon :annoyed I sent you a PM. You're on the list!

If anyone else receives a gmail.com kickback, please post here - I will investigate the problem (that means, I will have my techie son help me investigate :mrgreen:
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

We received a gmail from a new Boglehead who asked if the Taylor bringing the sub sandwiches to our next meeting is the same Taylor who wrote the Bogleheads' books and posts as Taylor Larimore? and if so, would Mr. Larimore be willing to autograph his Bogleheads books?

Yes and yes and yes :D There is only one Taylor in the entire investing world :D

Our South Florida local chapter is fortunate to have Taylor Larimore as a member 8-)
Taylor provides our local chapter meetings with good food, good stories, good advice and good cheer :sharebeer

Please see up-thread for details about our next meeting on Sun. July 30, 2017, from 12 noon to 2:00 pm in Hollywood.

Taylor's son Michael Larimore and wife Joyce are bringing the sandwiches for everyone. Hard to discuss finance on an empty stomach :D
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

We have 36 Bogleheads coming to our next local chapter meeting, including 9 brand-newbies - welcome!

Yes Mr. Dogg and Kitty (no pun :happy ) I have you both on the list.

For those who have responded via our South Florida gmail, I should have replied to you confirming we received your gmail. If you have not heard from me, please shout out loud here, or PM or another gmail.

:arrow: Please see up-thread for the details for Sun. July 30, 2017, from 12 noon to 2:00 pm.
midareff

Post by midareff »

Miriam2 wrote:We have 36 Bogleheads coming to our next local chapter meeting, including 9 brand-newbies - welcome!

Yes Mr. Dogg and Kitty (no pun :happy ) I have you both on the list.

For those who have responded via our South Florida gmail, I should have replied to you confirming we received your gmail. If you have not heard from me, please shout out loud here, or PM or another gmail.

:arrow: Please see up-thread for the details for Sun. July 30, 2017, from 12 noon to 2:00 pm.

SHOUT!
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

midareff wrote: SHOUT!
Thanks midareff, you're on the list :D (Please bring stories of Alaska 8-)
midareff

Post by midareff »

Miriam2 wrote:
midareff wrote: SHOUT!
Thanks midareff, you're on the list :D (Please bring stories of Alaska 8-)
will bring wife too. LOL, we leave for Maine August 10th, so it's almost packing time again.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

For our upcoming meeting on Sun. July 30, 2017, 12 noon-2:00 pm, several topics for discussion have been suggested by Bogleheads:

-- Roth conversions before taking RMDs (Required Minimum Distributions) at age 71

-- For someone who has been out of the market for many years and has a substantial amount to invest, should it be done by dividing in monthly amounts over X months to achieve Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) or should it all be invested at once (Lump Sum Investing LSI)?

-- How do you invest your HSAs (Health Savings Account)? HSA options/plans before taking RMDs at age 71?

-- Retirement - the emotional, intellectual, physical and financial aspects of this new phase of one's life, including handling the jitters about investing one's final retirement contributions in a high bull market - that might head down just as we retire (gulp :shock: :annoyed

-- Tax planning strategies for retirement and all "future tax possibilities"

-- Any low cost options for highly non-correlated investments such as commodities or something similar (hmm, gold anyone? :greedy

Edit - New topic - Expecting first baby :D saving for college using taxable account, I-bonds, or a 529 plan?

Please post or gmail me other topics, or bring them to the meeting and present them for discussion 8-)
Last edited by Miriam2 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitty Telltales

We would also love to hear Boglehead style, best value for your money tips for enjoying the sun and fun in South Florida. What are the hidden gems most tourists don't know about?
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

South Florida Bogleheads,

We are again delighted that Larry Auton (mingstar), the co-founder and co-owner of the Bogleheads Forum, is coming to our meeting :D

Larry is also the tireless intrepid Boglehead Computer Server Keeper-&-Maintainer. He watches over the Boglehead server like crown jewels.

Some good reading on the history of our Bogleheads forum:

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/The_Bogleheads%C2%AE
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Taylor_Larimore
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Mel_Lindauer
Larry- we're looking forward to having you join us. Without you, we would not exist :sharebeer
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Bump for visibility 8-) 8-)
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

A reminder that our meeting is scheduled for this Sunday, July 30, 2017, from 12 noon to 2:00 p.m. in Hollywood, Florida 8-)

Location -
Stirling Road Branch, Broward County Library - Large conference room

Directions -
From I-95 - exit Stirling Road - Go west 1-2 miles
Library is on right (north side), set back behind large oak trees - plenty of free parking

We have 37 Bogleheads coming and room for 60-65, so please feel free to show up even if you haven't rsvp'd. SFLBogleheads@gmail.com

Our mentor, Taylor Larimore, will sign Boglehead books and articles - and like Jack Bogle, he is not shy about giving his financial opinions :wink:

Looking forward to a nice meeting :D
indexonlyplease

Post by indexonlyplease »

I just realized it is this Sunday. I will be on vacation starting tomorrow. Sorry I will miss it.

Next time

Cliff
eim

Post by eim »

Great Meeting today -
Thank You to all that donate their time, money, and energy to facilitating the meeting.

I am wondering if any South Florida Bogleheads would kindly recommend the following professionals:

-Real Estate Agent in Western Broward County (Weston)
-Insurance Agent (auto & home)
-Title Co

If so, please PM me! I am new to the area :beer
LFB

Post by LFB »

What a great meeting! Such generosity! What great resources!
Thank you!
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

LFB wrote:What a great meeting! Such generosity! What great resources!
Thank you!
Thanks especially to our organizers Miriam and Taylor, it was a wonderful gathering and much appreciated.

Any library contains a great deal of wisdom but the Hollywood Fl branch had quite a lot of added smarts in that conference room today :D
BogleLicious

Post by BogleLicious »

Thank you all for a great meeting and for all the effort all of you put into creating, running and offering advice to bogleheads around the world. It felt to me like being around the royalty of the Boglehead world.

I have lots to learn and unlearn and look forward to sharing my experience and knowledge with all of you as the years go by.

Take care,

FredG

PS:
Fair warning: remember The 100% correct predictor about market crashes I let you all know about ;-)
BogleLicious
MrDogg

Post by MrDogg »

I too would like to thank the organizers and presenters of this worthwhile event. The generous giving of their time, expertise, and financial aid is really impressive. Beyond Taylor, Miriam, Arthur, and Larry A., the audience participation was of a high caliber and very informative. The location, at least for me, was ideal.

Hope to see you all at the next meeting.

Cheers!
LazyNihilist

Post by LazyNihilist »

Bogleheads,

Providing an update on our South Florida Boglehead Chapter meeting on July 30th from noon to 2pm at the Stirling Road Branch Library.

Our new chapter leader Miriam2 chose the location for its wonderful conference room facilities and ample parking. This location also made it possible for some Bogleheads to drive down from Orlando. The library's conference room had a projector that we used to hook up the laptop and demonstrate some of the many features of Bogleheads website. The Air Conditioning was not working when we started our meeting, but the library staff were quick to fix it before it got too hot. There were between 35-40 Bogleheads that attended the chapter meeting and quite a few new faces. Taffy provided us with name tags so it would be easy to recognize and address fellow Bogleheads. This was a great idea.

Arthur and Taylor kicked off the meeting with a brief introduction and asking everyone in the room to introduce themselves. We had a good crowd with quite a mix of experience. We had some who have been attuned to the Bogleheads philosophy for the past 20 years and we had some who just discovered the website a few weeks back. We had Bogleheads with over 25,000 posts (Taylor of course) and we had Boglehead lurkers who were happy to be reading the tremendous wealth of knowledge on the forum and the wiki.

We had Larry Auton, one of the founders of bogleheads.org, join us. Larry talked about how the website came into existence and how it was the vision of Taylor and the coming together of Larry and Alex Frakt's expertise together with the help of the bogleheads member 'Phoenix'. Bogleheads was for a very long time hosted out of Larry's garage, but now he has moved his server/hardware to Switch.com's colocation facilities, provided by another Boglehead. We are grateful for their dedication to keep this wonderful website running and the moderators for keeping the discussion civil and focused.

The main topics of discussion in this meeting were mainly gathered by Miriam2 from questions that Bogleheads most wanted to discuss.

1. Roth IRA conversions and optimizing taxes for Roth conversions and contributions.
We discussed when to do a Roth IRA conversion. How to perform the conversion. A lot of the details are specific to an individual's situation and it would be good to model them in a 'what if' scenario's provided by the tax software. But the main idea is to keep the total income under a certain tax bracket so additional taxes are not triggered.

2. International Investing.
This was a hot topic and as with one of the most debated topic on the forum, there was no unanimous consensus. While US stocks outperformed International in the past few years, that does not mean anything because 'past performance is no guarantee of future results'.

3. DCA vs lump sum investing.
This was an interesting topic, as we discussed the pro's and con's of DCA vs lump sum. DCA might provide peace of mind, but it can also lead to missing out on market returns based on when an investor started DCA. If an investor started DCA right after the 2008 downturn, they might have missed on the huge market upswing. But if an investor started DCA in 2006/2007, they might have been pretty relieved that they didn't go all in with a lump sum.
Taylor brought up an important point that one should also take a good hard look at one's Asset Allocation. If the Asset Allocation is properly set, investing lump sum shouldn't be a problem.

4. Contributing to 529's.
We discussed on strategies to invest in 529's for college education for kids and when should someone invest in a 529. If someone has not filled up on their Roth contribution space, it probably doesn't make sense to put that money in a 529. But for an investor who has already filled their other tax advantaged space, 529's are an excellent investment vehicle. https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Priorit ... nvestments

5. Social Security withdrawal strategies.
There were questions about what would be the right time to start Social Security withdrawal. Does it make sense to wait until you are 70? A lot depends on the individual's situation. There are circumstances where early withdrawal makes more sense. The bogleheads wiki is a great resource here. Also if Social Security withdrawal puts someone in the next tax bracket, it might prevent them from doing Roth conversions. These situations are best modeled in a tax software for each situation to check which would be the best strategy to minimize taxes and maximize benefits.

Miriam2 showed us some of the useful new features of the Bogleheads.org forum and wiki. The wiki has an Index link on the top left side below the logo which shows the user a list of all available wiki pages. This is a very useful research tool similar to an Index at the back of a book.

Many Bogleheads also expressed their interest in attending the Bogleheads Conference.

Like the last chapter meeting, Taylor, Taffy and Michael once again provided us delicious sandwiches for lunch. We also had Bogleheads bring in cookies, salad, chips, soda and bottled water.

It was great to meet many familiar faces along with new Bogleheads and see many smart, talented, kind and helpful people. Thanks to Arthur and Miriam2 for arranging this wonderful meeting. Looking forward to the next chapter meeting and meeting many more Bogleheads.
Last edited by LazyNihilist on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must -Thucydides
wfromm

Post by wfromm »

Dear South Florida Boglehead members,
My wife and I wish to thank all of you for a wonderful experience at the meeting. Thank you Miriam for e-mailing me to keep me informed and for guiding us through the meeting. Thank you Larry for all your work with the server and keeping the Boglehead website functioning. Thank you Taylor Larrimore for the great wisdom you added to our meeting. Thanks also to your son Michael for great input that will help me greatly. I would like to also thank others but can't remember all the names.

Everyone at the meeting were so helpful. You are such a highly intelligent and high class group of caring people.
Last, I want to thank whoever secured the location and those that procured the drinks and food. Also, for others that read this and don't know, please make sure to buy any Amazon products (See info through Boglehead website.) to help defray costs of Boglehead website. This allows the site to be advertisement free.

Best regards always,
Bill and Diane
LazyNihilist

Post by LazyNihilist »

The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must -Thucydides
Taylor Larimore

South Florida Local Chapter Meeting

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

Barry Barnitz has repeated LazyNihilist description and picture on his own Bogleheads Blog:

https://finpage.blog/2017/07/31/south-f ... y-31-2017/

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Thank you LazyNihilist for the nice report of our meeting and for the great photograph :D

Many thanks to everyone who came and participated in another wonderful meeting 8-) 8-)

Larry - we are so grateful you keep our Boglehead computer server happy and content :D

Taffy and Michael - thanks so much for feeding us; the food was delicious, not even a cookie left :shock:

Taylor - Jack Bogle calls you the King of the Bogleheads. All Bogleheads are so fortunate to be part of the kingdom you created with your vision of an internet financial forum, your many posts of wisdom from your investing experience, and your cordial, decent, classy character. :D

:sharebeer
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

I forgot to mention at our meeting that Clevername, who led our previous chapter meetings, is on vacation in Europe and hasn't returned yet (must be having fun) :shock: 8-)

Also at our meeting, we talked a little about Blue Collar Bogleheads and I mentioned the thread. Here is the link to the thread, 5 pages and 207 posts long. A post from Toons: "I know a blue collar Boglehead. Every time I look in the mirror, I see his smiling face."

And Taylor's post:
Bogleheads have one thing in common. We are all in Mr. Bogle's crusade "to give ordinary investors a fair shake."

I am sure that blue collar, white collar, or no collar, makes no difference to Jack - and it makes no difference to me.

Best wishes,
Taylor
Is there such a thing as a Blue Collar Boglehead?
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

wfromm wrote:Also, for others that read this and don't know, please make sure to buy any Amazon products (See info through Boglehead website.) to help defray costs of Boglehead website. This allows the site to be advertisement free.
Specifically, on the Bogleheads.org front page, if you scroll down on the left to the 'Support this Site' section, you can click directly on the Amazon link immediately underneath and as Larry A. explained to us, using this route when you order anything will generate a small donation to maintain the bogleheads technical service with absolutely no cost or fee to the user. What a Bogleheadian concept: you are helping keep an incredible resource going by purchasing your usual Amazon products!

Despite its hiding in plain sight, I'd simply never noticed that button or realized how easy it is to help out. Worth repeating too that Bogleheads.org is run by and for VOLUNTEERS so our financial help is certainly useful and appreciated.

Thanks again for a wonderful and informative meeting :D.
Kitty Telltales

We woke this morning to find ourselves somehow back in Germany. Please forgive that we didn't send our thanks to all who made our meeting possible. It was lovely getting to know everyone, Winnie says so too (I didn't forget him this time).

A special thank you to Miriam2, your tips using the site were helpful. I never seemed to have the time to explore and now I know how it find out our progress with the Boglehead contest. It was interesting to see how another Boglehead organizes her research. It was wonderful to meet charming Arthur as well.

To Larry for the story about the development of the site and the collaborative work of virtual strangers.

And of course a very special thank you to the Larimore family for all you do for us. To Taylor for his insight into "hot topics", to Michael for the delicious sandwiches and to Taffy for her warm welcome.

Hopefully we will see you all again next time!

Cheers, Mary and Winnie :sharebeer
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Hello South Florida Bogleheads!

Is everyone above water? Yard cleaned up? :annoyed My hurricane shutters will stay UP until December :mrgreen:

Our next South Florida local chapter meeting is set for Sunday, January 21, 2018, from 12 noon to 2:00 pm, at the Stirling Road Branch, Broward County Library, in Hollywood, Florida. Please see posts above-thread for address and directions.

Taylor will provide food, investing advice, inspiration and good cheer :D

Perhaps our first topic for discussion could be: The value of an Emergency Fund :shock: :mrgreen:

Miriam2
Mikeal

Post by Mikeal »

Hi Miriam2,

I am interested in attending the Jan 2018 meeting with a friend.

Mike
Blueskies123

Post by Blueskies123 »

I have it on my calendar, I will be there.
If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging
dwickenh

Post by dwickenh »

Hello Miriam2,

I will not be in Florida by that meeting date, but still have an interest in meeting for lunch with some of the South Florida group as we discussed
during the Bogleheads 2017 in Philadelphia. A pleasure to meet you and others at the table. Thanks for pointing out some others that I wanted to meet.

Best wishes and will contact you in middle March 2018 to see if lunch is possible.

Dan
The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.” | — Warren Buffett
macaroon

Post by macaroon »

Please add my husband and myself to the list for the January meeting. Looking forward to it!
RetireSomeday5

Post by RetireSomeday5 »

Hopefully I'm in town! :D
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

dwickenh wrote: Hello Miriam2,

I will not be in Florida by that meeting date, but still have an interest in meeting for lunch with some of the South Florida group as we discussed
during the Bogleheads 2017 in Philadelphia. A pleasure to meet you and others at the table. Thanks for pointing out some others that I wanted to meet.

Best wishes and will contact you in middle March 2018 to see if lunch is possible.

Dan
Dan, I also enjoyed meeting you and the others at the dinner table. We sure covered a lot of ground in our conversations, from 401k's, Roth conversions, lump sum annuities vs. pensions - to George Washington and Valley Forge :D

Our local Bogleheads chapter would love to host you and any other out-of-town Bogleheads who venture to South Florida - the coast is clear, no hurricanes on the horizon. We'll put together a nice meeting.

Miriam