mn local chapter mtg, july-11 - pictures & survey

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
jeff mc

mn local chapter mtg, july-11 - pictures & survey

Post by jeff mc »

our next meeting is july-11, 12:00, in bloomington

we're doing something a little unique at this meeting. we've having a guest speaker for the first half. he's an attorney who specializes in estate planning. his talk may discuss various issues around estate planning, such as: wills, living trusts, health care directives (living wills) and assigned powers of attorney. there will be a question and answer session after his 'formal' presentation.

then, we will have our usual 1-2 breakout sessions.

to get an idea on the room layout, and how many handouts to print, and for the wait staffing, having an accurate count of bogleheads really helps our planning. please let me know if you are a "yes / no / maybe", either here or via a direct email to mnbogleheads@gmail.com. thanks!
Last edited by jeff mc on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Foley

Post by Peter Foley »

I should be able to make it.
bikeguyken

Post by bikeguyken »

Count me in!
Topic Author
jeff mc

Post by jeff mc »

excellent. it should be an interesting meeting. attendance will probably be down somewhat, as it's the one weekend between spring and fall blizzards for us, so people will want to be camping/fishing/outside... but we'll see.

i guess we can hope for rain...
Peter Foley

Post by Peter Foley »

Jeff - could you post the specific location in Bloomington and the Freeway exit. It has been a year.
Topic Author
jeff mc

Post by jeff mc »

Peter Foley wrote:Jeff - could you post the specific location in Bloomington and the Freeway exit. It has been a year.
the meeting will be at major's sports cafe, off about a half mile south of 494 and 100, saturday, 12:00

http://tinyurl.com/lzlzns

see you there.
Topic Author
jeff mc

Post by jeff mc »

attendees: 20... 19 bogleheads + an external speaker.

an expert attorney on estate planning, wills, trusts, etc presented during first part of meeting.

then, last quarter of meeting was the traditional peer-to-peer discussion / breakout sessions.

we're doing a survey to see what MN folks want to do for future boglehead meetings. contact me for a link to the survey if interested in completing it.

next meeting is 14-november, in woodbury unless the survey results indicate other time/format/location is preferred.