Tulsa Local Chapter?

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Post Reply
User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by foodnerd » Mon May 11, 2009 11:09 pm

This is a spin off of the Wichita thread. Are there enough people who are interested in a Tulsa chapter? Just want to confirm.

Thanks,

FN

User avatar
bearwolf
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Tulsa Chapter?

Post by bearwolf » Tue May 12, 2009 12:13 am

foodnerd wrote:This is a spin off of the Wichita thread. Are there enough people who are interested in a Tulsa chapter? Just want to confirm.

Thanks,

FN
I'm interested. I'll be coming from Oklahoma City.

BearWolf

User avatar
SoonerSunDevil
Posts: 2000
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: The desert

Post by SoonerSunDevil » Tue May 12, 2009 1:33 am

I miss Oklahoma :(

cdwood
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 9:37 pm

Post by cdwood » Tue May 12, 2009 6:34 am

I live in Tulsa. I'll pm you my email address.

-- C Wood

Larry Johnson
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:30 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

tulsa local chapter

Post by Larry Johnson » Tue May 12, 2009 1:32 pm

I'm in Tulsa at 918 743-0459 and would be glad to join up.

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Post by foodnerd » Tue May 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Well, that's Four (excluding any of the Wichita group that might like to come down). Anybody else in OKC that would like to come up? Just need one more for Mel.

FN

User avatar
bearwolf
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by bearwolf » Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm

SoonerSunDevil wrote:I miss Oklahoma :(
It's a great place to be. Are you coming back after law school?

BearWolf

MMBtu
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Post by MMBtu » Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 pm

I would be interested in participating in a Tulsa Chapter (unless an OKC chapter materializes at some point in the future).

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Post by foodnerd » Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Mel, that's five for a Tulsa chapter.

To all of the Posters to this Thread, I live in Northwest Arkansas, but will be more than happy to coordinate meetings. Might need some help with good locations and timing, but I look forward to meeting everyone in Tulsa.

If that's OK, I'll set up a email account and send it on to Mel.

Thanks for all of your responses. I am excited about this new group forming.

FN

User avatar
bearwolf
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by bearwolf » Tue May 12, 2009 10:58 pm

foodnerd wrote:Mel, that's five for a Tulsa chapter.

To all of the Posters to this Thread, I live in Northwest Arkansas, but will be more than happy to coordinate meetings. Might need some help with good locations and timing, but I look forward to meeting everyone in Tulsa.

If that's OK, I'll set up a email account and send it on to Mel.

Thanks for all of your responses. I am excited about this new group forming.

FN
I don't know much about Tulsa, but I'm looking forward to getting a group together.

BearWolf

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Post by foodnerd » Wed May 13, 2009 8:09 pm

All Right Guys, Mel is setting up the group. We are Number 37.

When are some good dates in the next few months that people can get together? Weekends would work best for me.

Either reply to this thread or PM me and we'll start planning the first meeting. Also let me know what type of topics you would like to discuss in future meetings.

I am very excited about this.

FN

User avatar
bearwolf
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by bearwolf » Thu May 14, 2009 5:48 pm

foodnerd wrote:All Right Guys, Mel is setting up the group. We are Number 37.

When are some good dates in the next few months that people can get together? Weekends would work best for me.

Either reply to this thread or PM me and we'll start planning the first meeting. Also let me know what type of topics you would like to discuss in future meetings.

I am very excited about this.

FN
I have purchased tickets so we're planning on being in Tulsa July 18th to see "Wicked" That would be a good day for me. It's only 90 minutes from here though so I'm flexible. I'll think some about topics and get back to you.

Bearwolf

User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 28397
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Tulsa OK Local Chapter #37

Post by Mel Lindauer » Wed May 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Hello Tulsa Diehards:

Just wanted to let you know that you're "on the map" now! http://www.lostsprings.com/diehards/chapters/

You can clik on your pin for more information, and you can scroll down to see your chapter at the bottom of the listings on the left hand side.

Good luck to your group!
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Re: Tulsa OK Local Chapter #37

Post by foodnerd » Wed May 20, 2009 6:19 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:Hello Tulsa Diehards:

Just wanted to let you know that you're "on the map" now! http://www.lostsprings.com/diehards/chapters/

You can clik on your pin for more information, and you can scroll down to see your chapter at the bottom of the listings on the left hand side.

Good luck to your group!
Thanks Mel! I have gotten a good response from the group so far.

All Right guys, a great suggestion was given to me to look at the Riverwalk Crossing in Jenks (across the river from the Aquarium). Two restaurants have meeting rooms that we can use for free if we purchase food.

Ale House - American Food (Note - No Food, Room is $250)
TK2's - Asian Food

Both seat around 10 to 20 people and are open for the next two months on Saturdays as of right now.

So:

1.) How does the Riverwalk Crossing sound as meeting place?
2.) Which restaurant is preferred?
3.) Which Date works well for you?

I am busy June 20 and 21 and I am trying to see if my folks can come down from Indiana to help with some house improvements in July (after the 10th).

Reply back or PM me and we'll get this first meeting scheduled.

FN

User avatar
bearwolf
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Tulsa OK Local Chapter #37

Post by bearwolf » Fri May 22, 2009 7:46 am

foodnerd wrote: Thanks Mel! I have gotten a good response from the group so far.

All Right guys, a great suggestion was given to me to look at the Riverwalk Crossing in Jenks (across the river from the Aquarium). Two restaurants have meeting rooms that we can use for free if we purchase food.

Ale House - American Food (Note - No Food, Room is $250)
TK2's - Asian Food

Both seat around 10 to 20 people and are open for the next two months on Saturdays as of right now.

So:

1.) How does the Riverwalk Crossing sound as meeting place?
2.) Which restaurant is preferred?
3.) Which Date works well for you?

I am busy June 20 and 21 and I am trying to see if my folks can come down from Indiana to help with some house improvements in July (after the 10th).

Reply back or PM me and we'll get this first meeting scheduled.

FN
I'll be in Tulsa on July 18th already so that day would be my first choice if we meet earlier in the afternoon, lunch maybe. Either restaurant is OK with me. I don't mind driving up on another day if an earlier date is more convenient.

BearWolf

Larry Johnson
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:30 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

tulsa local chapter

Post by Larry Johnson » Fri May 22, 2009 9:10 am

Hi Larry: I PM'd your personal information to foodnerd so it wouldn't be so public. Never know what some bad guy might do with your information. - Mel

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Post by foodnerd » Mon May 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey guys, My July calendar is filling up really quick. How does June 27th sound? If that sounds good, I'll get the planning under way and reply back with the details.

FN

User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 28397
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon May 25, 2009 2:53 pm

foodnerd wrote:Hey guys, My July calendar is filling up really quick. How does June 27th sound? If that sounds good, I'll get the planning under way and reply back with the details.

FN
Hi FN:

Since it's usually impossible to find a date or location that's perfect for everyone, at some point you just have to set the place and time and then let folks know. Then you'll see who will actually be there.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Post by foodnerd » Fri May 29, 2009 6:01 pm

All Right guys, I have the Ale House Riverfront Dining reserving us the "Pub Room" on June 27, 2009 at noon. The Ale House is in the Riverwalk Crossing in Jenks. We'll eat lunch and then have our first Bogleheads meeting.

If you have any questions or need directions, please PM and I'll get you the information you need.

Hope to see everyone there on June 27.

FN

edit - Here's the link to the Riverwalk Crossing website that has directions and information on the Ale House's location.

http://www.riverwalkcrossing.com/

User avatar
bearwolf
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by bearwolf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:35 pm

foodnerd wrote: Hope to see everyone there on June 27.

FN
Dang! I hate to miss the first get together. Our vacation plans just solidified and the 27th is right in the middle. Sorry about that!

BearWolf

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Post by foodnerd » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:51 pm

foodnerd wrote:All Right guys, I have the Ale House Riverfront Dining reserving us the "Pub Room" on June 27, 2009 at noon. The Ale House is in the Riverwalk Crossing in Jenks. We'll eat lunch and then have our first Bogleheads meeting.

If you have any questions or need directions, please PM and I'll get you the information you need.

Hope to see everyone there on June 27.

FN

edit - Here's the link to the Riverwalk Crossing website that has directions and information on the Ale House's location.

http://www.riverwalkcrossing.com/
Just a friendly reminder that the Tulsa Bogleheads will have our first meeting one week from today at the Ale House at the Riverwalk Crossing.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

FN

User avatar
foodnerd
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Post by foodnerd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey Tulsa Bogleheads, It was great to meet Larry and MMBtu. I understand the timing wasn't the best. Hope to see everyone at the next meeting. We are looking at late September into October. If anyone has any suggestions of dates and meeting places, I would appreciate it.

If there any topics that you would like to discuss, please PM me and I'll start researching them and building out an agenda.

Thanks,

FN

User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 28397
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:32 pm

foodnerd wrote:Hey Tulsa Bogleheads, It was great to meet Larry and MMBtu. I understand the timing wasn't the best. Hope to see everyone at the next meeting. We are looking at late September into October. If anyone has any suggestions of dates and meeting places, I would appreciate it.

If there any topics that you would like to discuss, please PM me and I'll start researching them and building out an agenda.

Thanks,

FN
Congratulations, FN, and all the Tulsa Bogleheads on your first meeting. Hopefully it will be the first of many more to come.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

djmbob
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:16 pm

Re: Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by djmbob » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:51 pm

What became of the Tulsa Chapter?
Transplant from the Washington DC Chapter here, and would love to have a local group to hobnob with.
Any bogleheads in Ttown?
Cheers,
Ray
:sharebeer

Sunshine604
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Re: Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by Sunshine604 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:00 pm

I haven't been in a position to be active but that has changed. I'd be interested in driving up to the Tulsa area for a meeting if there is one coming up. :beer

moneywise3
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by moneywise3 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:54 pm

I'd be interested too

User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 28397
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Re: Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon May 07, 2018 10:52 pm

If someone is willing to step up and agree to be the new Local Chapter Coordinator, just PM me and we'll get your group going again.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

moneywise3
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by moneywise3 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 pm

I volunteer to get it started. Let me know what needs to be done.

User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 28397
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Re: Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 pm

moneywise3 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 pm
I volunteer to get it started. Let me know what needs to be done.
Send me a PM with your first name and an email address that you'll use only for this purpose (something like TulsaBogleheads@gmail.com). (Since it will be added to the public Local Chapters Map so folks can contact you, you don't want to use your personal email.)
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

moneywise3
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Tulsa Local Chapter?

Post by moneywise3 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:
Send me a PM with your first name and an email address that you'll use only for this purpose (something like TulsaBogleheads@gmail.com). (Since it will be added to the public Local Chapters Map so folks can contact you, you don't want to use your personal email.)
Sorry I forgot all about it. Will create an email account and PM you.

Post Reply