Master Thread - Central NJ Bogleheads

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
Tamarron12

Master Thread - Central NJ Bogleheads

Post by Tamarron12 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:01 am

Welcome to the local Central NJ Bogleheads chapter! This is the place to post and organize meetings in Central NJ.

See the details for our August 2019 Meet Up below:
Time: August 10th 10:30am EST - an hour meeting followed by a social lunch
Topic: financial education and literacy
Location: Panera at 510 Nassau Park Blvd Princeton, NJ 08540; let's meet in the private room at this Panera, and I will make a reservation in late July

Please RSVP if you intend to join us for our meetup. It will help to have an approximate count beforehand.

FOR NEW MEMBERS AND TO RSVP email: bhcentralnj@gmail.com. Our “Keeper of the List” will email you with meeting dates and details approximately three weeks before the next meeting. PM me if you have any questions

All Bogleheads are welcome. We hope to see you at a meeting soon.

Note: the Old Central NJ Yahoo Groups is in the process to be merged with this google contact list.
Last edited by Tamarron12 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic Author
Tamarron12

Re: Master Thread - Central NJ Bogleheads

Post by Tamarron12 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:53 pm

June 2019 meetup is announced. See the thread above for details!

rk6

Post by rk6 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm

Is there an agenda for the meeting or is it just meet and greet for this first one?

Is there a fee?

Thanks

Topic Author
Tamarron12

Post by Tamarron12 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm

rk6 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm
Is there an agenda for the meeting or is it just meet and greet for this first one?

Is there a fee?

Thanks
The first meeting would be meet and greet.

There's not a fee.

Topic Author
Tamarron12

Post by Tamarron12 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm

The first meet up for our Central NJ chapter was a great success!

We have 7 members participated in today's session, and our discussion lasted for 2 hours. It was a great kickoff meeting, and we talked about our path going forward as a Bogleheads chapter and our investment experience. Our plan is to meet every 2 months for now on a Saturday morning, and we will increase or decrease frequency based on timing and the group's involvement. The current location is Panera Bread at 510 Nassau Park Blvd in Princeton, NJ 08540. (To clarify, there's another Panera Bread in downtown Princeton. It's easy to confuse the two.) I'm gonna try to reserve the private room at this Panera location, and I will post here when I make the announcement for our next meeting.

Regarding our next meeting, it will be a Saturday morning in August, and the topic for the conversation is personal finance literacy and education. I will make the announcement at least three weeks prior to the meeting. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. It was great meeting everyone who showed up today. Hope we will get to see more Bogleheads in our August meeting. Thanks for everyone's time!

Topic Author
Tamarron12

August 2019 Meet Up

Post by Tamarron12 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:18 pm

See the details for our August 2019 Meet Up below:
Time: August 10th 10:30am EST - an hour meeting followed by a social lunch
Topic: financial education and literacy
Location: Panera at 510 Nassau Park Blvd Princeton, NJ 08540; let's meet in the private room at this Panera, and I will make a reservation in late July

Topic Author
Tamarron12

Post by Tamarron12 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:24 am

The August meet up for our Central NJ chapter had an amazing turnout!

We have 7 members participated in last weekend's session, and our discussion lasted for 3 hours. I was very glad to see some people came back from our first meeting, and super happy that new members started joining the conversation! I would like to point out that as a Bogleheads chapter, we welcome all faces and voices. Therefore, please invite any of your family members along. If you have any friends that might be interested, please pass on the information! Although this is a new chapter, it's generating significant momentum. Let's keep it going. I appreciate in advance for your help in making this chapter grow.

Our plan is to meet on a Saturday morning in late September. Details to come regarding the timing, agenda, and location. I will post announcement here for our next meeting. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. It was great meeting everyone who showed up last Saturday. Hope we will get to see more Bogleheads in our September meeting. Thanks for everyone's time!