My Christmas Present To You

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Caligal

Re: My Christmas Present To You

Post by Caligal »

Have a wonderful trip with your family and friends. Thank you for sharing your story with the Bogleheads.

Peace
notsobright

Post by notsobright »

Wow I had no idea. Thanks Taylor, for a lifetime of service.

Merry Christmas
patriciamgr2

Post by patriciamgr2 »

Dear Taylor Larimore:

Thank you so much for your service--both in the military and as part of the Bogleheads community.

My thoughts are with you & yours in spirit onboard this Christmas for what sounds like a memorable & sentimental journey. Please accept my very warmest wishes for a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year!

Kind Regards, Patricia MG r
onthecusp

Post by onthecusp »

Thank you for your gift Taylor, it was very moving.

My father in law served with you in the battle in an Engineering company. Pretty much stuck in the woods somewhere. Thanks for keeping him safe so he could continue to build bridges on the push to Berlin and then bring my wife to me.

Thank you all who have served in the armed forces.
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

Mr. Larimore-

Sir,
Merry Christmas to you, your family, and your great friends from Belgium.
Have a special time on the cruise.
Great Plains
Top99%

Post by Top99% »

Thank you for your service Taylor. The service provided by you and others in our military is the reason I am free to type this among all the other freedoms we take for granted but should not.
Adapt or perish
shaolin007

Post by shaolin007 »

Great post @Taylor. And thank you for everything!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community forum (Boglehead).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

We returned to the Port of Miami (Cruise Capital of the World) early this morning aboard The Majesty of the Seas -- a huge ship. Son Michael rented me an electric scooter to get around. I loved the scooter.

We had 4 Larimore's and 4 Steveler's from Bastogne, Belgium. Each evening we would meet for dinner at a large round table where we discussed the adventures of the day and the battle of Christmas 1944. There could be no greater difference.

The captain learned of our group and invited us to sit at his table (I gave him a copy of The Bogleheads Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio. The Captain also invited us to tour the Bridge where he explained many of the instruments.

Altogether, an extraordinary 4 days for this old paratrooper who turns 95 on January 25th..

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

Thank you Taylor for your service during the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944. My Christmas gift to you is bringing up your old threads on this topic. The 2015, 2016, and 2018 threads are now up.
A fool and his money are good for business.