At-large chapter?

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
judypilot

At-large chapter?

Post by judypilot » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:31 pm

I live in a rural area of Idaho, nowhere near any of the chapters. Did I miss, possibly, a kind of at-large chapter I could join?

I am brand new to Bogleheads.org, having just read about it in the Wall Street Journal. My Mom was a total Boglehead and started training me in Bogle-magic when I was in my 30s. I read his book and it made so much sense. She and Dad did extremely well with their investments, and so did I. I retired with a comfortable income in 2011. My parents recently died, and my brother and I benefitted hugely from their (i.e., Bogle's) investment philosophy. I now have a beyond comfortable retirement, thanks to John Bogle (and Mom--she was the main financial wizard in the family). Incidentally, my own funds are mostly not in Vanguard, but, rather in a retirement fund with a very Boglean philosophy. However, I did have some Vanguard brokerage funds as well, and they allowed me to retire early without having to touch my retirement funds. Now I have Vanguard accounts again because Vanguard is where Mom and Dad built their own wealth.

Glad to be here.

prudent

Re: At-large chapter?

Post by prudent » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Welcome to Bogleheads!

You might try the Virtual Online Chapter - see contact information here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=126449#p3421890.