Looking to start a chapter in Hershey, PA

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
UncleBogle

Looking to start a chapter in Hershey, PA

Post by UncleBogle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Calling all Bogleheads .....

I am looking to find others in the Hershey, PA area who have an interest in starting a chapter. There are several locations that we could use as a free meeting place in the area.

This would be a great opportunity for Bogleheads (old and new) to meet up, share information and help one another reach their goals!

If you are interested, please let me know either by commenting here or by messaging me.

Best wishes and I hope to hear from folks!

bhsince87

Re: Looking to start a chapter in Hershey, PA

Post by bhsince87 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Do you think the Philly or Baltimore chapters are too far away?
Retirement: When you reach a point where you have enough. Or when you've had enough.

UncleBogle

Post by UncleBogle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:27 pm

bhsince87,

There is a large population of investors here in Hershey as well as in Harrisburg. I would think another chapter would be welcomed.

I already have more than enough people to petition for a chapter (from what I have read, all you need is 5 people to start out), but I wanted to see who else was out here on the forum from the area, who might also want to participate.

As for your question about Baltimore/Philly: From Hershey, it's about 1 &1/2 hours (that's without bad traffic) to both locations - I lived in Baltimore and have driven to/through Philly many times, and both the Schuylkill Expressway and 695 are miserable to deal with.

For those who are in the Hershey/Harrisburg area reading this - Feel free to contact me. Thanks!

Stewie

Post by Stewie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 pm

I might be interested in attending. I’ve wondered why we don’t have anything local.

UncleBogle

Post by UncleBogle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Great!

Think about it, and if you want to be a part of the new chapter, just PM me. Regards!

b42

Post by b42 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm interested! I currently attend the Southern PA/Baltimore chapter, but it's still a 1-1.5 hour drive from Harrisburg depending on the traffic.

UncleBogle

Post by UncleBogle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Fantastic! I'll add you to the list. I just received word from Mel that we are now a chapter, so in the upcoming months, I'll try and coordinate a date and time for our first meeting. I figure our first meeting will be in fall, in order to assemble everyone, and get a good game plan together. But feel free to contact me at any time with ideas, etc.

Drop me a line at Hersheybogleheads@gmail.com with your email/info and I will begin to assemble a chapter list of contacts.

I look forward to meeting up soon!

Dave

obafgkm

Post by obafgkm » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks for taking the initiative to start the chapter!

UncleBogle

Post by UncleBogle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Its my pleasure!

The real thanks should go to the people running the show out here. They have done a phenomenal job.
I hope to see you at our first meeting. It will take a little while to gather everyone's information and get a general idea as to how many of us there are in total. So far, there has been a lot of interest.

Regards,
Dave