Happy Father's Day 2018

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Kathleen Ryan
Location: CA, Co-Administrator FB Bogleheads, Local Chapter 9-SF/Bay Area Coordinator

Happy Father's Day 2018

Post by Kathleen Ryan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Dear Bogleheads Community,

Happy Father's Day to Mr. Bogle, Taylor, Mel, and all the fathers, grandfathers, and great-great grandfathers here. Mr. Bogle, Taylor, and Mel, have all been like fathers to me since I lost my father to pancreatic cancer back in, May 2000. The passing of eighteen years, has not lessened the void in my heart from missing my daddy Jack. I look back and see how blessed I was to having such a loving father to me, and grandfather to my daughter Katie.

Thank you again to Mr. Bogle, Taylor, and Mel, who have been like fathers to me, since my dad could no longer be with us. Each one is an example of character and integrity, and we as a community are fortunate to have them.

Here is a link to my favorite photo that I took of my dad, when he was 45 years old and I was nineteen. He didn't like to have his photo taken much, but I'm so glad I took it, as it is a treasure to me:

[imghttps://www.holonis.com/kathleen-r/o/b1rxrgv-q[/img]
Best wishes, | Kathleen

Mel Lindauer

Re: Happy Father's Day 2018

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you so very much for the kind words and good wishes, Kathleen. You are a very special Lady, and we all love you. Looking forward to seeing you again in October.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

Jazzman

Post by Jazzman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi Kathleen,
Your dad was a good looking guy. I am glad you were so proud of him. Looking forward to seeing you at the next bogleheads conference. Thanks for wishing all the dads and grandfathers happiness on this day.
Jesse

Pistachioicecream

Post by Pistachioicecream » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Kathleen -

What a lovely tribute to your father, Jack Bogle, Mel Lindauer & Taylor Larimore!

Happy Father's Day to all for whom it is relevant ; )

Pistachio

Kathleen Ryan
Location: CA, Co-Administrator FB Bogleheads, Local Chapter 9-SF/Bay Area Coordinator

Post by Kathleen Ryan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Dear Mel,

Thank you for your kind words. Katie and I love you too, and can't wait to see you again in October. We're so looking forward to the next BH Reunion, and visiting with friends we've made at past reunions, and meeting new friends.

Dear Jesse,

How wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for writing, and for your wonderful sentiments regarding my dad. I hope you're having a wonderful Father's Day. It will be so nice to see and visit with you again at the next BH Reunion in October. I truly appreciated your words of encouragement before the last, "Boglettes" performance. 8-)

Dear Pistachio,

Thank you for writing, letting me know you liked the tribute to my father, and for wishing all the fathers here a wonderful day. Will you be attending the BH Reunion/Conference this October?
Best wishes, | Kathleen

tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Wonderful sentiments on such an important day of recognition. I miss my dad after over 30 years, it's one of life's miracles to have such a treasured relationship.
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.

Kathleen Ryan

Post by Kathleen Ryan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi tennisplyr,

Thank you for posting. You are so right when you wrote, "it's one of life's miracles to have such a treasured relationship."

It is truly a gift, to have such loving, strong, and kind men as fathers, to set the example for the generations that follow. We are all blessed to have men such as these in our lives.
Best wishes, | Kathleen