[When will 2018 Bogleheads Conference Announcement be Made?]

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
swedek

[When will 2018 Bogleheads Conference Announcement be Made?]

Post by swedek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:35 am

Hello,

When will the 2018 Bogleheads Conference be announced this year?

Thank you!

[NOTE: I modified the thread title. Otherwise folks would have thought that it was the official Conference announcement. - Mel ]

Swimmer

Boglehead Conference

Post by Swimmer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Where would I find info on this year’s conference? I did a search but didn’t find it. I was too late last year.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: [When will 2018 Bogleheads Conference Announcement be Made?]

Post by LadyGeek » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Swimmer - I merged your post into the on-going discussion.

An announcement will be made in the forum.

So far, nothing has been posted for the 2018 conference.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

lamberton1083

Post by lamberton1083 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:54 pm

If anyone could make a note on this thread when they see it if posted elsewhere it would really be appreciated! I have a notification configured on this thread to get updates when a note is added here but not sure if possible to do something similar in the main forum. Hope to get a space this year! :)

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Stay tuned for my forum announcement in early March.

Act immediately (if not sooner) if you want a spot. We sold out in less than two days last year and we just may beat that record this year since the time to sellout gets shorter each year.

Procrastinate for even a bit and you're probably going to get shut out.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

MandyT

Post by MandyT » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:22 pm

I'd like to (very respectfully, I hope) point out two things that went somewhat awry with last year's announcement.

(1) For months, it had been "known" that the announcement would be made on April 5, but it ended up being made on April 2. While I sort-of understand what happened, this had a negative effect on some people who are good planners but had not been expecting the announcement yet.

(2) The announcement was made on the Investing Theory forum but not (initially) on the Bogleheads Community forum. I humbly request that, if the announcement is made on some other forum, it be mirrored at the same time in the Bogleheads Community forum.

Thanks!

mind_boggled

Post by mind_boggled » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Looking forward to this year.

There will be the usual pre-announcement for the sign up date? I, and I think most others, find repetitive checking really detrimental to attention and focus (any current/former active stock watcher can attest).

The issue last year, as I understood, was there was no cap on the early alumni signups so the public date had to be moved up. That being solved I see no reason any date issues would occur again. I assume from past conversation the early alumni registration has either been capped or removed.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:31 pm

lamberton1083 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:54 pm
If anyone could make a note on this thread when they see it if posted elsewhere it would really be appreciated! I have a notification configured on this thread to get updates when a note is added here but not sure if possible to do something similar in the main forum. Hope to get a space this year! :)
Bump... time to register! :beer

Peculiar_Investor

Post by Peculiar_Investor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:38 pm

lamberton1083 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:54 pm
It has been announced, see 2018 BOGLEHEADS CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams