Harvey

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Txsman

Harvey

Post by Txsman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:10 am

Its nice to be a Boglehead in times like these. Being in Victoria we experienced a category 3 hurricane but so what. My son had 5 feet of water in Houston and lost everything he had. But Boglehead dad has his back and can get him back on his feet, new furniture, new car, new clothes. Having followed the Boglehead principles means financially we have nothing to worry about money wise. So we need a new roof and a new ceiling in our house, It means nothing. More important my son also has nothing to worry about. Its time to buy a new car anyways. My son can have my Toyota. As a side note, 20 teachers showed up at his apartment to help him and his wife clean up his apartment. Also, my neighbors tarped my roof for me without asking. I know this sounds corny but neighbors helping neighbors has been a fantastic experience.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Harvey

Post by LadyGeek » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 am

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community forum (Boglehead).

Use this forum for posting health and welfare info related to Hurricane Harvey.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:58 am

Txsman wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:10 am
Also, my neighbors tarped my roof for me without asking. I know this sounds corny but neighbors helping neighbors has been a fantastic experience.
Amen to that. How is power and water in your area?
This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

Txsman

Post by Txsman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 pm

We were lucky. Power back in 12 hours. Water back in 3 days.