Jack's Bracket!

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
tadamsmar

Jack's Bracket!

Post by tadamsmar » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:18 pm

John Bogle participated in the "Brackets for a Cause" charity, contributing $10,000:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017 ... r-a-cause/

He played for the charity A Better Chance in Lower Merion "a college preparatory program that offers a challenging educational opportunity to academically talented, economically disadvantaged minority students who are determined to succeed."

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Re: Jack's Bracket!

Post by abuss368 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:09 pm

Thank you for sharing.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

Tom Tomato

Post by Tom Tomato » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 am

I don't get the circle. What does it lead to? Can anybody explain it to me?

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:40 pm

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community forum (Jack Bogle).

Bear in mind that sports discussions are off-topic.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Globalviewer58

Post by Globalviewer58 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:46 pm

The circle contains all the NCAA Men's basketball tourney games. Center is the winning team, North Carolina. As you click the name of the donor, their picks are illustrated on the circle. Correct picks are green and incorrect picks are red.

Kenkat

Post by Kenkat » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:51 pm

The East Regional was not Jack's friend; he only got two picks right in the entire bracket.

He would have faired far better if he had simply indexed his picks, taking the higher seed over the lower seed. I guess it's for the best that is reserved for the real money. :happy

EddyB

Post by EddyB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Kenkat wrote:The East Regional was not Jack's friend; he only got two picks right in the entire bracket.

He would have faired far better if he had simply indexed his picks, taking the higher seed over the lower seed. I guess it's for the best that is reserved for the real money. :happy
He did beat the experts, though. Phil Jackson and the NBA team owners, that is.