US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
- Posts: 561
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:43 pm
Thank you for all that you do and for being who you are.
Focus on what you can control
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 3:35 pm
Happy Birthday Taylor with many happy returns!
- Posts: 871
- Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm
- Location: Cincinnati,Ohio
Happy birthday Taylor. Thank you for all of your contributions to this great forum. You have helped thousands of us get a better understanding of investing. You are awesome in my book!
- Posts: 685
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:30 am
Happy Birthday, Taylor.
- Posts: 2400
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:53 pm
- Location: Sarasota, FL
Hope you're having a great birthday Taylor, thanks for all of your guidance.
Last edited by tennisplyr
on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.
- Posts: 6681
- Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:10 pm
- Location: Seattle
Happy Birthday, Taylor! Thanks for all you've done, and continue to do, to help people become better investors.
Most of my posts assume no behavioral errors.
- Posts: 325
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:26 pm
Wow! Awesome. Happy Birthday!! Thanks for all you do and all you've done!! Cheers!!
- Posts: 874
- Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:06 pm
- Location: Wisconsin
Yet another boglehead wishing Taylor a happy birthday! Ever since I found this website, I've appreciated Taylor's always-gentlemanly insights.
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:22 pm
Happy birthday Tayler!
- Posts: 1618
- Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 am
Happy Birthday, Taylor! 93 years young.
Thank you for all you have done for this community.
Last edited by InvestorNewb
on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Portfolio: VTI [US], VXUS [Int'l], VNQ [REIT], VCN [Canada] (largest to smallest)
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:08 am
- Posts: 742
- Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:22 pm
Happy Birthday Taylor. Thanks for your sage advice, and the wisdom of your experience, as well as founding the best financial website in the world!
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:59 pm
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:13 am
I would like to echo what others have already said. Taylor, as great as your contributions are to the intellectual side of this group, you're kindness and civility are equally important. I am often struck by the tone of your comments and helpfulness. You are a reminder of what good the internet can do for us all.
Be well -- from a friend you have never met.
"It is remarkable how much long term advantage people like us have gotten by trying to be consistently not stupid, instead of trying to be very intelligent." -- Charlie Munger
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:36 am
Thank you for your continued willingness to share your knowledge.
- Posts: 4397
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 pm
- Location: Buffalo,NY
Adding my wishes for a Happy Birthday, Taylor
All the Best, |
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:03 pm
- Location: Louisiana
Happy Birthday sir. I appreciate the wisdom/insight you so freely share. I can say confidently that I have altered my investing approach for the better.
Avid reader of personal finance/investing literature; however, no formal training in this area. My comments are always well-intended, and most often well-informed.
- Posts: 729
- Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:32 pm
- Location: DFW Metromess
Happy Birthday, Taylor. Your posts continue to be very inspirational to me.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:59 pm
Happy 93rd Birthday, Taylor.
to many more!
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:43 pm
Happy Birthday and thank you for serving our country in WW II, and thanks for helping all of the bogleheads
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:07 am
- Location: Oregon
Happy birthday! Thank you for your class and all that you do.
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 am
Happy birthday Taylor!
It was such a pleasure to meet you in person at the last BH conference!
All my best wishes
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:01 pm
Happy Birthday Taylor!!
- Posts: 389
- Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:52 pm
Happy birthday Taylor! Thank you for everything you've done for the group.
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 am
Happy Birthday Taylor. You are a Boglehead hero!!
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:22 pm
Thank you Taylor for guiding us and keeping us sane in this crazy world of investing with information overload. Happy Birthday for many more.
- Posts: 1789
- Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:45 pm
- Location: Illinois
Happy birthday Taylor and thanks for helping to make investing simple for me and my family.
Wishing you many more,
The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.” |
— Warren Buffett
- Site Admin
- Posts: 58804
- Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm
- Location: Philadelphia
Happy Birthday, Taylor!
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:25 pm
Happy BDAY Taylor, thanks for all your insight and reminders. Here's to many more!
Own stocks, the course to stay; Hold bonds, for they will pay; Keep cash reserves for a rainy day.
- Posts: 423
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:11 pm
- Location: Yoknapatawpha
Happy birthday, Taylor! Thank you so much for the wisdom you impart.
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:33 pm
- Location: American Midwest
Have a very Happy Birthday, Taylor, and enjoy your day!
Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something. |
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 am
Fair winds Captain
I own the next hot stock- VTSAX
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:32 pm
Happy Birthday Taylor! My prayers for you, Mel and Jack. Thank you so much for your wisdom, time and efforts to help others not just on this website but also for serving our nation and the world over 70 years ago.
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:51 am
- Location: Minnesota
From the frozen tundra, I thank you for all the wisdom over the years.
Happy Birthday !
4X top-twenty S&P 500 prognosticator. I'd start a newsletter, but it would only have one issue per year.
- Posts: 3050
- Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:47 pm
- Location: California, near the beach
Happy Birthday dude.
Keep on beating the simplicity drum as long as you can. We all owe you so much....you are a true gentleman.
For more info, click this
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm
- Location: Rockville, MD
Looks like I'm late to the party, but Happy Birthday Taylor!
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:43 am
Happy Birthday Sir
All BHs are thankful to you for your wisdom and kindness..
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:27 pm
Happy Birthday, Taylor, and many happy returns. Discovering your wisdom and grace in these pages was like stumbling across the Hope diamond on my daily walks. Many thanks for all you do.
- Posts: 511
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 pm
Some day I aspire to pack 1/2 as much wisdom per word as you seem to in your posts.
- Posts: 356
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:23 pm
Happy Birthday Taylor! I wish you the very best in this new year and beyond.
- Posts: 6465
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am
- Location: Biscayne Bay, South Florida
Happy Birthday Taylor! I wish you the very best in this new year and beyond..... and it was great to finally meet you Sunday.
- Posts: 200
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:42 pm
Happy Birthday Taylor!
Your kindness, selflessness and wisdom have inspired a younger generation -- I cannot say thank you enough for your contributions.
You have touched the lives of more people than you will ever know.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:27 am
Happy Birthday Taylor. Thank you for continuing to share your wisdom with us. I always take your advice seriously.
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:59 pm
I hope your Birthday was great! Wishing you many more Happy Birthdays
- Posts: 658
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:26 am
Happy birthday, Taylor! You are an endless source of wisdom for us new Bogleheads.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:35 pm
- Location: New York
Happy Birthday! A lurker who has benefitted from your wise council.
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:08 pm
Happy Birthday, Taylor! My prayers for your continued good health and strong energy. You are the core of the Bogleheads community; we cherish you in so many ways. Hope your 94th year is full of joy. Thank you for your continuing wisdom, patience and integrity.
- Posts: 761
- Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:36 pm
Happy Birthday, Taylor! We appreciate all your help.
- Posts: 1075
- Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:54 pm
- Location: Pa.
Very Happy Birthday Taylor! Thanks for your knowledge, wisdom and everything you do for us fellow Bogleheads.
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." |