New feature: Upcoming events| Financial Page

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

New feature: Upcoming events| Financial Page

Post by Barry Barnitz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:13 am

Hi:

We have added a new "Upcoming events" feature to the bogleheads.org. blog, Financial Page, by incorporating a google calendar into a blog page. For easy access we have placed the page on the blog header ---> Financial Page | A Bogleheads® blog.

Here is a direct link to "Upcoming events" ---> Upcoming events | Financial Page
Upcoming events are disclosed in the calendar below. Events can include Boglehead® Local Chapter meetings, Bogleheads Conferences, and other significant events involving bogleheads.org. and its affiliates.
As you can see, we have placed scheduled Local Chapter meetings into the calendar. If you click an entry, information regarding the time, place, and the meeting's topics are displayed. The calendar default view is a monthly calendar, but there are tabs which provide for a weekly view of events, and an agenda tab which provides a concise listing of events.

We hope this feature will add the following benefits:

1. A handy place to find out about bogleheads.org. happenings;
2. An organized historical ledger of such happenings;
3. Expanding notice of forum events to a wider potential audience.

Local Chapter organizers can aid in this effort by making sure that we at the blog (Lady Geek and I are administrators) are given a heads-up when you post information regarding newly scheduled meetings. A pm is always helpful.

Forum members should also be reminded that, while the blog is not hosted by bogleheads.org., it is nonetheless dedicated to providing Bogleheads.org. and its members access to the blogging medium. We encourage members to provide "guest posts" if they are so inclined; even if the do not wish to be enlisted as a Financial Page blog author per se.( current blog authors are LadyGeek, pkcrafter, Siamond, and yours truly).

You can check out our existing guest posts ---> Guest post | Financial Page.

regards,
Image | blb | December Birthday Celebration: Ludwig van Beethoven

bondsr4me

Re: New feature: Upcoming events| Financial Page

Post by bondsr4me » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 am

Looks good.
I will check it out even more today.
Thanks Barry...the efforts of BH admin, members and posters does not go unappreciated.

Have a great week BH'ers.

Don

digarei

Re: New feature: Upcoming events| Financial Page

Post by digarei » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Barry Barnitz wrote:
[...]

Forum members should also be reminded that, while the blog is not hosted by bogleheads.org., it is nonetheless dedicated to providing Bogleheads.org. and its members access to the blogging medium. We encourage members to provide "guest posts" if they are so inclined; even if the do not wish to be enlisted as a Financial Page blog author per se.( current blog authors are LadyGeek, pkcrafter, Siamond, and yours truly).

You can check out our existing guest posts ---> Guest post | Financial Page.

regards,
Hi,

I was looking for a style book or equivalent (guidelines, ground rules) for blog
submissions on your page but couldn't locate one. I have a few questions.
  1. ...
  2. Are there restrictions on blog entries WRT word count?
  3. Restrictions on topic choice?
  4. Will submissions be edited for content before they are posted?
  5. What kind of posts are you looking for?
  6. Style preference?
  7. Who is the target audience?
  8. Who retains copyright? (author, blog, bogleheads.org?)

Thank you,

digarei
Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.