Chicagoland Master Thread

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
elihu303

Chicagoland Master Thread

Post by elihu303 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi All,

In an effort to keep all of our thoughts, questions and meeting efforts together, I've started this new page. You can still access the old meeting post on the forum but there was a long gap between posts and the only item listed was a previous meetup. My hopes are that we have an active and willing group, and this particular thread will help others in Chicago find us a bit easier.

First order of business, let's get both a date and an agenda together for a group meeting this Spring. We've had a good number of people express interest over the last month or so and this new thread might help spread the word. If you are interested in joining, please email me at bogleheadschicago@gmail.com and I'll add you to the mailing list. Also, if there are 2-3 things you would like to discuss, please add those to your note. Once we have a date set, I'll send out a list of all of the items that were listed and we can use this as a guide for our discussion. Lastly, please let me know your location and meeting preference (downtown or suburb) so we can plan accordingly.

Have a good day.

Jeremy

Duffydog1

Re: Chicagoland Master Thread

Post by Duffydog1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:34 pm

I would be interested however I live in the northern suburbs and not keen on traveling downtown.
My particular interest is in the bond segment of my portfolio.
Allen

MikeMak27

Post by MikeMak27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:45 pm

I am very interested in a meeting. I am flexible with meeting in the city or the suburbs. I would prefer a weekend morning date.
Subjects I would like to discuss are what to do if a large portion of your portfolio is a taxable account and how to generate a return on money that you plan to use to buy a house in the intermediate term (3-7 years).
Mac 3 fund portfolio: 45% US small cap value (IJS, VBR), 35% Emerging Markets (IEMG, VWO, FPMAX), 20% intermediate term US treasuries (FIBAX, IEF) & Cash

cjonblanchard

Post by cjonblanchard » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 pm

I live in the Western suburbs, but would be willing to travel downtown or wherever. I last attended several years ago, but have retired now and have more time. No particular agenda items, although have interest in Roth conversions at this point.

elihu303

Post by elihu303 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:54 am

Hi Everyone,

I hope you had a great 4th of July Holiday. Just a reminder that our next meeting will be tomorrow, Thursday, July 6th at 7pm at Chicago's Union Station, 500 West Jackson Boulevard. We'll meet in the same area as last time (NW corner on the first floor food court between Subway and The Original Cookie). Feel free to bring a friend and let's grow this group of like-minded investors.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Thanks

As a reminder, please email me at bogleheadschicago@gmail.com to be added to our mailing list to stay up on any updates/minutes from our meetings.

elihu303

Post by elihu303 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello:

We have decided to cancel tonight's meeting for the Chicagoland Bogleheads and will reschedule it for Thursday, July 20th at 7pm.

Thanks

Will do good

Post by Will do good » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks for the update.

elihu303

Re: Chicagoland Master Thread - Meeting Tomorrow - 7/20

Post by elihu303 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope this finds you well. Just wanted to send a quick reminder that we will be meeting tomorrow evening at 7pm at the Ogilvie Train Station, 500 West Madison Street. We meet in the NW corner of the food court, between the Subway and the cookie shop (I THINK it's an Original Cookie but I can't confirm that currently).

Also, if you haven't already done so, please email me at bogleheadschicago@gmail.com to be added to our mailing list.

Thanks

elihu303

Post by elihu303 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:43 pm

HI Everyone,

Tonight's meeting has been canceled. The next meeting will be Thursday, September 7th at 7pm at the Ogilvie Train Station.

To be added to our mailing list and stay up on the latest from the Chicago group, please send an email to bogleheadschicago@gmail.com.

Thanks

elihu303

Post by elihu303 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder; the next Chicagoland Bogleheads Meetup will be next Thursday, September 7 at 7pm at the Ogilvie Train Station, 500 West Madison Street. We meet in the NW corner of the food court, between the Subway and the cookie shop (I THINK it's an Original Cookie but I can't confirm that currently).

Also, if you haven't already done so, please email me at bogleheadschicago@gmail.com to be added to our mailing list.

Thanks

livefreefam

Post by livefreefam » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 am

Are these meetups still taking place through the winter months?