Excited [to be a forum member]

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
PFInterest

Excited [to be a forum member]

Post by PFInterest »

Excited to be here. Have heard a lot through other sites about the Bogleheads!
TomatoTomahto

Re: Excited

Post by TomatoTomahto »

PFInterest wrote:Excited to be here. Have heard a lot through other sites about the Bogleheads!
Welcome to the forum.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Excited [to be a forum member]

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community (new Boglehead).

PFInterest, Welcome!
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

I know I have learned a lot here. It has been fun to interact with the most knowledgeable posters on this forum including authors and experts like Larry Swedroe, Rick Ferri, Bill Schultheis, and even Cliff Asness. I was shocked when Mr. Asness responded to one of my posts. People, and even well known people, will read what you post.
A fool and his money are good for business.
Soul.in.Progress

Post by Soul.in.Progress »

Me too, I second your excitement OP! I just officially joined, but have been reading for a while and am very impressed with the wisdom and generosity of people with their knowledge, on this forum :happy
Start by doing what is necessary; | then do what is possible; | and suddenly you are doing the impossible. | -- Francis of Assisi
chw

Post by chw »

Welcome! You will find this site to be a compendium of well intentioned advice on a variety of subjects (not just personal finance), though get familiar with forum rules to know what can and can't be discussed.

As Ned mentioned, you will have direct access to some of the best financial minds on the planet, and the Wiki is a superb resource for almost all aspects of your financial life.