Saturday, October 22, 2016
10AM to noon
Cedar Rapids Public Library
Beems Auditorium B
450 5th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
See our web page: Eastern Iowa Bogleheads Local Chapter.
The Library provides this page on parking. Parking is FREE on weekends.
The Beems Auditorium is on the second floor of the library. Turn left when exiting the elevator.
The meeting room has a refrigerator and microwave for those who want to bring a brown-bag lunch.
There is a coffee shop with some sandwiches and rolls on the lower level and food can be purchased there and brought back to the conference room.
Library policy says that those who bring in other restaurant food should pay $2 per head to the Library.
People would also be free to leave the library and explore other places to eat in the area, after we adjourn the meeting.
- What is the best approach in dealing with the "noise" coming from the media?
- How does a person deal with family members who reject John Bogle and index funds?
- Does the group prefer the 500 Index Fund or the Total Market Index Fund? Why?
- Does the group prefer the Total International Index fund or do they prefer to break up their International Investments into the Developed Markets Index Fund and the Emerging Markets Index Fund? Why?
- Does the group prefer any managed funds at Vanguard? Why?
- Does anyone invest with the Vanguard Junk Bond Fund? Why?
- What are the maturity lengths that the group prefers in this environment? Why?
- What does the group think of TIPS?
- What does the group think of International Bonds?
- Is anyone concerned about a bond "bubble"? Why? Options?
We have a low-traffic mailing list just for meeting announcements; it you would like to be on it see our web page: Eastern Iowa Bogleheads Local Chapter.
Hope to see everyone there!