Portugal Chapter (?)

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
MachineD

Portugal Chapter (?)

Post by MachineD » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for reaching to you out of nowhere but i've had this ideia on my mind for far too long. I'm a Portuguese (IT + Finance) guy following the Bogleheads way of investing for the past 4 years . This is almost a lifestyle since i make sure to join it with several other approaches regarding personal finance.

I was wondering if there would be other Portuguese fellows interested in making this happening?

I'm located in Lisbon.

Cheers,
MP

MachineD

Re: Portugal Chapter (?)

Post by MachineD » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Up. Maybe now i'm lucky with more replies :mrgreen:

wec

Post by wec » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Hello sir! glad for your follow-up. I might be interested. What idea exactly do you mean ?

MachineD

Post by MachineD » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Hello Wec !

Thank you for the reply! Well the idea is explained below in the first post. Even tought there are some forums (2 i know) about finances in porgal they usually dont talk about the same topics / are for expeculators. If we get more traction maybe we can setup meetups and exchange some topics.

wec

Post by wec » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:33 pm

MachineD wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm
Hello Wec !

Thank you for the reply! Well the idea is explained below in the first post. Even tought there are some forums (2 i know) about finances in porgal they usually dont talk about the same topics / are for expeculators. If we get more traction maybe we can setup meetups and exchange some topics.
Oh meetups! I am from Braga :(

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Sounds like there's some interest. If you get five members who are interested in forming a Portugal Local Chapter, and one of you agrees to be the Local Chapter Coordinator who communicates with members about meeting dates, times, locations and agendas, then I'll get your Chapter started. Let me know via PM.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

wec

Post by wec » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:56 pm
Sounds like there's some interest. If you get five members who are interested in forming a Portugal Local Chapter, and one of you agrees to be the Local Chapter Coordinator who communicates with members about meeting dates, times, locations and agendas, then I'll get your Chapter started. Let me know via PM.
That would be great! I hope we have more portuguese members interested here :D