Oregon/Washington Diehards

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Mel Lindauer

Oregon/Washington Diehards

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 pm

All,

I was once "leading" the Oregon Diehards chapter. I have since moved to eastern Washington and no longer really involved. Before I moved, no one wanted to assume the "leadership" role. However, recently Bill Bernstein sent me an e-mail message that he may be available to meet with some folks on May 11 for coffee. If any Oregon/Washingon members are interested, please e-mail me at caninefelinedad at verizon.net. Hopefully someone who was involved with the original group will get this message and could round up some folks and set something up with Bill. I am not a "member" of the other "Bogleheads" forum. Would someone be able to post something over there to alert members? [I posted it for him.-Mel]

The Oregon Diehards had a unique opportunity to meet with Bill a couple of years ago, and it is definitely well worth the time.

Regards,

Newguy

stratton

Post by stratton » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:21 am

Thanks Mel,

I've sent him email.

Paul

stratton

Post by stratton » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:34 am

From the other board:
All,

I failed to mention the meeting place would be in downtown Portland.

Regards,

Newguy

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle » Sat May 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Just to update...

This meeting is ON. Bill will be doing a "booktalk" on The Splendid Exchange at 7:30 pm at the main Portland Powell's, 10th and Burnside. Thereafter, he will be joining about half dozen of us for coffee and discussion.

craigr

Post by craigr » Mon May 12, 2008 1:04 am

It was nice meeting everyone tonight. Bill Bernstein is a great speaker and his new book sounds like it will be an excellent read. Dr. Bernstein spent about 45 minutes with us afterwards talking about history and some finance at the coffee shop. It was a good time and was nice to meet some of the other Diehards.

Here is the podcast he gave on his new book on Econtalk:

http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2008/0 ... on_th.html

It's a nice listen. He covers some of the points he made tonight, but goes into much more detail.

Hope to see everyone again in the near future...