Australian Chapter ?

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
duffman12

Australian Chapter ?

Post by duffman12 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:57 am

Is there any other Australian Bogleheads on the forum ?
"Greed may not be good, but it’s not so bad, either. People think greed is just for money and power. But everyone wants something they don’t have." | ChasingGains.org

Mel Lindauer

Re: Australian Chapter ?

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Yes, there are lots of Aussie Bogleheads.

If five or more want to establish an Australian Local Chapter and one of you agrees to be the coordinator, just PM me and I'll get your group listed on the Local Chapter map so others can find you.

Good luck to our Australian Boglehead friends. Perhaps I'll be able to attend one of your future meetings.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

duffman12

Post by duffman12 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Ok awesome thanks Mel !
I'll ask around :)
"Greed may not be good, but it’s not so bad, either. People think greed is just for money and power. But everyone wants something they don’t have." | ChasingGains.org

SurferD

Post by SurferD » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:41 am

Hi Duffman, I would be interested in joining the Aussie chapter if you set one up

Samwell

Post by Samwell » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:47 am

Aussie BH checking in, Long time lurker. I'm in favour of an Aussie chapter :thumbsup

duffman12

Post by duffman12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:21 am

SurferD wrote:Hi Duffman, I would be interested in joining the Aussie chapter if you set one up
Samwell wrote:Aussie BH checking in, Long time lurker. I'm in favour of an Aussie chapter :thumbsup
Haven't set one up just yet, will do so this week !

SurferD

Post by SurferD » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:20 am

duffman12 wrote:
SurferD wrote:Hi Duffman, I would be interested in joining the Aussie chapter if you set one up
Samwell wrote:Aussie BH checking in, Long time lurker. I'm in favour of an Aussie chapter :thumbsup
Excellent, looks forward to it
SurferD

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:20 pm

duffman12 wrote:
Just send me a PM with your first name and an email address you want to use for this purpose. Also let me know what name you'd like to use (Australian Local Chapter) or some other name (Perth Local Chapter) or whatever you'd like to be called. Once I have that information, I'll add your group to the Local Chapters Map so others can find and contact you and you'll be in business.

Perhaps I'll attend one of your meetings at some later date when I finally make it to Australia.

Wansmith

Post by Wansmith » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi there, I am from Sydney Australia and am also interested. For the time being I'd advocate setting up an Australian Chapter in the first instance before splitting it up state by state.
Cheers

sydbogle

Post by sydbogle » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:46 am

Hi all

I've been a Boglehead for several years but only new to this forum. Would be keen to join an Australian chapter. Cheers

sydbogle

sandwich_heavy

Post by sandwich_heavy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm another Sydneysider - new to Bogleheads but have been roughly following his investment philosophy for a couple of years now.

Let me know if a Sydney/Australia-wide chapter starts up - I'd be eager to join up!

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Well, we keep getting folks interested in getting an Australian Chapter going, but we still need someone to step up and agree to the the local chapter coordinator. Anyone interested? If so, PM me and we'll get your Local Chapter up and running.

The Falcon

Post by The Falcon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Any more Sydneysiders hanging around? I know a couple more Boglehead sympathisers on other forums.