Thanks for all you do Bogleheads!!

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Walleyewhacker

Thanks for all you do Bogleheads!!

Post by Walleyewhacker » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Its been about a couple of years that I have been visiting this site, last year about this time several of you Bogleheads evaluated my investments and gave me great feed back. It has been implemented and I could not be happier. Just a note of thanks for all you do!! Happy Holidays to you and yours. pete

Laura

Re: Thanks for all you do Bogleheads!!

Post by Laura » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:08 pm

What a nice message to everyone. Happy Holidays to you.

Laura
The views presented are my own and not necessarily those of the Department of State or the U.S. Government.

BogleBoogie

Post by BogleBoogie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Walleyewhacker wrote:Its been about a couple of years that I have been visiting this site, last year about this time several of you Bogleheads evaluated my investments and gave me great feed back. It has been implemented and I could not be happier. Just a note of thanks for all you do!! Happy Holidays to you and yours. pete
Well put and I concur! My family and I have certainly benefited from this site and it is much appreciated.

bmats667

Post by bmats667 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Just registered today so first post for me. I have been a lurker for several years though and have benefited tremendously from this forum and it's members...

Thank you all.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Walleyewhacker wrote:Its been about a couple of years that I have been visiting this site, last year about this time several of you Bogleheads evaluated my investments and gave me great feed back. It has been implemented and I could not be happier. Just a note of thanks for all you do!! Happy Holidays to you and yours. pete
Thank you for your note. It's always nice to hear that our work is both helpful and appreciated. Happy holidays to you and yours.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

cmr86

Post by cmr86 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:09 pm

This forum is one of the top places I like to "hang" out online. Happy Holidays.

Jazzman

Post by Jazzman » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks for your sage advice, bogleheads. Happy Holidays!

DaveNC

Post by DaveNC » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:46 pm

I'd also like to chime in here with a big Thank You! I knew nothing about investing for our retirement until I stumbled upon this site a couple years ago. I've gotten loads of great advice and invaluble knowledge from you Bogleheads, and it is appreciated more than I could ever express.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Dave

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:03 am

I wonder how many people out there have been helped by the Boglehead's advice over the years. Surely it's in the hundreds of thousands, maybe even a million or more when you consider all of the lurkers and how the Boglehead's philosophy is passed from person to person.

Everyone pay it forward and soon Bogleheads will take over the world :twisted:
WWJD - What Would Jack Do?

oldzey

Post by oldzey » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:22 am

Thank you, Bogleheads!

You've made a positive difference in my life and I truly appreciate your generosity and expertise. :beer

Happy Holidays!
oldzey
"The broker said the stock was 'poised to move.' Silly me, I thought he meant up." ― Randy Thurman

Cernel

Post by Cernel » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:16 am

Thank You!
Thank You!
Thank You!

I, too, have benefited greatly from the wisdom, knowledge and experience that has been shared on this site. In my mind, those that formed the site way back when and those that continue to spend untold hours moderating, maintaining and providing insight are true heroes. You unselfishly give to and help others just because you think it is the right thing to do,..., which is truly, much appreciated from those, like me, who have benefited from your kindness.

Thank You!
Thank You!
Thank You!

And a Merry Christmas to you all, and best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!!

Bigfish

Post by Bigfish » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:28 am

I also am very appreciative to all Bogleheads for their time and effort I too have benefited greatly.
Happy Holidays and Thank You
BF

tuckeverlasting

Post by tuckeverlasting » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:18 am

I, too, could not be happier with the wisdom and counsel so generously bestowed when I came here as a clueless, scared newbie whose entire future depended on what I did with my windfall (it is now in the 3-Fund Portfolio). The Bogleheads truly have made all the difference in my life and I cannot imagine what I would have done without you. It is not "only" the financial advice which is stellar, but the collective sparkling and thoughtful intelligence and on occasion, wit and humor which make this forum a never-ending delight and source of much to ponder and savor.

Eternal thanks and may each and every one have the happiest of holidays!
It's Good To Be A Boglehead

Gill

Post by Gill » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:53 am

I have been following and posting on this forum since 1999, beginning in its very early days on Morningstar. In spite of the fact that I spent my entire career in the trust business, I have benefited enormously from this forum. Following Vanguard Diehards and then Bogleheads almost daily for fifteen years has caused me to reflect on my career selling and administering bank trust services for trusts, estates and advisory accounts. I now feel that, while we provided a valuable service on the administrative side, the value added by the investment side was seriously lacking. I'm glad I'm not out selling trust services today! Also, I'm grateful for a nice portfolio of mostly index funds, TIPS and I-Bonds, the latter nearly all purchased in the early 2000's with fixed rates over 3%. Thanks to all.
Gill

pointyhead

Post by pointyhead » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:50 am

As I was totally ignorant of investment philosophy and just chased performance prior to finding Bogleheads, I too owe an un-payable debt of gratitude and (hopefully) wealth to the smart and thoughtful posters on this forum!!!

Since finding this site I took back control of my investments from a salesman at MSSB. That simple but important step, I estimate has saved me approximately $18-20K in a very short time, not to mention all the money lost in other hidden fees that I was unware even existed or the additional thousands going forward. Thank you!

I frequently recommend this board to anyone who will listen! Hopefully, they will benefit as much as I have from your knowledge and generosity. I especially appreciate the videos by Rick Van Ness, Taylor Larimore's Investment Gems, the Wiki, pretty much anything Nisiprius has to say but especially the charts and pictures that help me see the big picture and all of the brilliant and informative posts from the many frequent posters that I look for daily. Far too many for me to list. Thanks so much!!!

With profound respect,

PH