Wisconsin - Madison Meetings - Master Thread

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Mrs.Feeley

Re: Wisconsin - Madison Meetings - Master Thread

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:44 am

Just a reminder that Saturday (day after tomorrow) the Madison Bogleheads will be meeting at Sprecher's at noon.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:51 pm

Just a reminder to all... The Madison-area Bogleheads are meeting this Saturday, August 12, at noon at Sprecher's on Madison's far west side near Costco. Come for food, friends, and good free-ranging investment discussion. No charge. Only cost is if you decide to buy lunch. See you there! :sharebeer

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Just a reminder: we're meeting tomorrow (Saturday) at noon at Sprecher's on John Q Hammond Dr. See you there!

mtnest

Post by mtnest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello Mrs. Feeley,

I just registered today.

Please add my email address to the Madison area Bogleheads meetup reminder list. Hope to meet you and others soon.
Thanks.

username: mtnest

email: newtodrum@gmail.com

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Welcome Mtnest! I've added you to the Google list. Our next meeting is Saturday, October 14th, noon at Sprecher's on the far west side.

EpicLeFit

Post by EpicLeFit » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Hello Mrs. Feeley,

I just registered today.

Please add my email address to the Madison area Bogleheads meetup reminder list. Hope to meet you and others soon.

username: EpicLeFit

Thank you very much! :D

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 pm

Welcome EpicLeFit! You've been added to our very prestigious mail list!

To all.... Our next meeting is Saturday, October 14th, noon at Sprecher's on the far west side.

We have a new protocol for meetings. If you're planning on attending the meeting we need you to commit to attend in advance. If not enough members plan to attend the meeting will be cancelled. We have about 40 people signed up on the Gmail list, and we've had some meetings with healthy crowds. However a couple meetings this past summer had poor attendance and the lack of attendance was not fair to the faithful who drove all the way across town to be there.

So if you're planning on attending our upcoming meeting we need you to commit by Wednesday, Oct. 11. Post a note to the Gmail list.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 pm

Just a reminder.... We're having our October meeting next Saturday at noon at Sprecher's on the far west side. Drop me a note if you plan to attend. :beer

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:13 pm

A reminder: We'll be meeting Saturday at noon at Sprecher's on Madison's far west side on John Q Hammond Dr. All are welcome! Bring your friends and family.

There's no charge for attending meetings. Ordering lunch is up to you.

Discussion is free-ranging and always interesting. Have an investing question or dilemma you'd like to discuss? Pose it to the group and we'll do our best to offer advice.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 am

Hey, Madison (W) Bogleheads, it's time for our late-fall meeting!

Saturday, Dec 9, noon at Sprecher's Pub
1262 John Q. Hammons Dr., Madison, on the far west side near Costco

(By the way, the current Bucky Book has a coupon for 2-for-1 entrees.)

If you plan to attend please drop me a note by Wednesday, Dec. 6. :beer

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:14 pm

A reminder.... Next Saturday is our noon meeting at Sprecher's Pub, 1262 John Q. Hammons Dr., Madison, on the far west side near Costco.

Please drop me a note by Wednesday if you plan on attending.

BWildt

Post by BWildt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:52 pm

Mrs. Feely, could you please add me to the Madison Bogleheads meetup? I would love to join. Thanks

kriskd

Post by kriskd » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:21 pm

I am new to Bogleheads and would like to get involved in a Madison area meetup. Will you add me to a list or is there something I need to do?

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:16 pm

kriskd wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:21 pm
I am new to Bogleheads and would like to get involved in a Madison area meetup. Will you add me to a list or is there something I need to do?
Drop me a private note with your e-mail and I'll sign you up for our Google mail list.

Our next meeting is Saturday, February 10th, noon at Sprecher's on John Q Hammon Drive on the far west side near Costco.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:16 am

Hello Wisconsin Bogleheads! Join us Saturday, February 10th for our bi-monthly meeting. Noon at Sprecher's Pub on the far west side of Madison at 1262 John Q. Hammons Dr.

One of our fellow Bogleheads will be giving a presentation on his excellent interactive investment/inflation modeling script.

Otherwise conversation will be loud, raucous and free-ranging as usual. As well as informative.

Please join us for lots of fun, good people and food!

There's no fee for attending the meeting. Feel free to order lunch (or not). The private room in front of the restaurant has been reserved just for us.

Only request is that if you plan to attend please RSVP by Feb. 7th That's so other members will have an idea of how many will be in attendance.

Our meeting schedule for the rest of the year is:

April 14, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
June 9, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
August 11, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
October 13, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
December 8, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's

If any of you are interested in offering a presentation on a topic you're interested in or which you think would be of interest to the rest of the group, especially newcomers, please drop me a note. We love presentations. Only requirement is that the presentation is not commercial and does not involve any type of sales pitch.

Similarly, if any of you have a request for a topic you'd like to see addressed by the group, or questions to be discussed at the meeting, please post it to our Google e-mail group. To sign up send me a PM with your e-mail address.

See you Saturday, Feb 10 at Sprecher's!

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Hello Bogleheads! Join us Saturday, February 10th for our bi-monthly meeting. Noon at Sprecher's Pub on the far west side at 1262 John Q. Hammons Dr.

One of our fellow Bogleheads will be giving a presentation on his excellent interactive investment/inflation modeling script.

Otherwise conversation will be loud, raucous and free-ranging as usual. As well as informative.

Please join us for lots of fun, good people and food!

There's no fee for attending the meeting. Feel free to order lunch (or not). The private room in front of the restaurant has been reserved just for us.

Only request is that if you plan to attend please RSVP by Feb. 7th That's so other members will have an idea of how many will be in attendance.

Our meeting schedule for the rest of the year is:

April 14, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
June 9, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
August 11, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
October 13, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's
December 8, Saturday, noon at Sprecher's

If any of you are interested in offering a presentation on a topic you're interested in or which you think would be of interest to the rest of the group, especially newcomers, please drop me a note. We love presentations. Only requirement is that the presentation is not commercial and does not involve any type of sales pitch.

Similarly, if any of you have a request for a topic you'd like to see addressed by the group, or questions to be discussed at the meeting, please post it to the group.

See you Saturday, Feb 10 at Sprecher's!

kriskd

Post by kriskd » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:10 pm

How do you want RSVPs? In the google mailing list or here? Regardless, hubby and I will be there tomorrow!

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:24 am

Really? I missed a meet up by a week? Arrgghh. Please add me as newbie. I didn't see a PM option.

Deltaflaze

Post by Deltaflaze » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:51 pm

I haven't attended any meetings, but just saw that Sprecher's is closing on Friday permanently! I remember passing this thread and that you held meetings here. Didn't want this group to miss that announcement :(

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Hey Madison, Bogleheads, we're meeting next Saturday, April 14th at noon, at Sai-Bai Thong restaurant at 6802 Odana Road. Sprecher's is no longer in business.

We have no speaker scheduled, so it's general investment chit-chat.

Please RSVP by Thursday if you plan to attend so others will know how many are attending. Drop me a note via PM or post to the Madison Bogleheads Google Group. If you'd like to join the Google Group please PM me.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:40 pm

A reminder: The Madison-area Bogleheads are meeting this Saturday at noon at Sa-Bai Thong restaurant at 6802 Odana Road on Madison's west side.

Please RSV if you plan to attend. So far we have 4 RSVPs.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 am

A reminder, the Madison-area Bogleheads are meeting today at noon at Sa-Bai Thong restaurant at 6802 Odana Road on Madison's west side.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:00 am

Hey Madison Bogleheads it's time for our June meeting. Join us next Saturday, June 9, at Sai-Bai Thong Thai restaurant at 6802 Odana Road, on Madison's West side near West Towne Mall.

Usually our meetings start at noon, but this month Sai-Bai Thong has booked another party in our room at 1 p.m. So.... An arrival time of 11:30 a.m. will give us 1.5 hours to eat and chat. Does that sound sufficient?

If you're planning on attending please drop a note so others have an idea of how many will be attending.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:28 pm

A reminder, the Madison Bogleheads will be meeting this Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Sai-Bai Thong restaurant on Odana Rd. on Madison's west side. (Ordinary we meet at noon, but the restaurant has scheduled another party at 1 pm.)

Jon Wedell will be giving a presentation on crypto-currencies. What they are, how they work, etc.

If you plan on coming please drop a note so members have an idea of how many will attend.

Jessibell

Post by Jessibell » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:57 am

Mrs.Feeley wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:28 pm
A reminder, the Madison Bogleheads will be meeting this Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Sai-Bai Thong restaurant on Odana Rd. on Madison's west side. (Ordinary we meet at noon, but the restaurant has scheduled another party at 1 pm.)

Jon Wedell will be giving a presentation on crypto-currencies. What they are, how they work, etc.

If you plan on coming please drop a note so members have an idea of how many will attend.
Hi Mrs. Feeley - I'm interested in coming but I can't send PMs yet (just registered even though I've been following posts on the site for awhile). Can you count me in?

Jessi

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Planning to be there, but can't stay for long as I need to be in Sun Prairie at 1:00. Hope to learn some things though :)

kriskd

Post by kriskd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Is there an August meetup planned or did I miss it? I think the scheduled date would have fallen on August 11.