Greenville Metro Bogleheads Chapter Established

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
Snow Boarder

Greenville Metro Bogleheads Chapter Established

Post by Snow Boarder »

Good News Everyone!

The Greenville Metro Bogleheads (GMBH) chapter has been established. This will be in Greenville, South Carolina - not to be confused with the 31 other Greenvilles in the USA. Mel Lindauer has added us to google maps and we are officially known as chapter #56.

GMBH will support the whole upstate area (Greenville, Clemson, Anderson, Spartanburg, Columbia etc) but I would not be surprised at all if we have visitors from North Carolina/Georgia too. This will be more then just a quarterly email list.

When we get fully running it will be like a quarterly Bogleheads Conference (right here in SC) where you can meet people, share experiences, ask questions or just listen. People want this and you will be amazed how far they will drive to experience it. Build it and they will come.

If you live in the Greenville Metro Area then send a message to greenvillebogleheads@gmail.com and I will add you to our email list.
Keep an eye out for another post in a few days with the details of our first meeting.

Again, this is Greenville, South Carolina.

SB
Greenville (SC) Chapter Coordinator | greenvillebogleheads@gmail.com
OddJobb

Re: Greenville Metro Bogleheads Chapter Established

Post by OddJobb »

Thanks for adding me.

I can't wait to get this started.
smashhand

Post by smashhand »

It's nice to have a local chapter. I'm looking forward to keeping more closely in contact with other Bogleheads in the Palmetto State.
Topic Author
Snow Boarder

Post by Snow Boarder »

I have had a lot of positive feedback already both by pm and email. If you want to be on our email list send a note to greenvillebogleheads@gmail.com.

I can see it already that GMBH will develop into a strong local chapter.
Greenville (SC) Chapter Coordinator | greenvillebogleheads@gmail.com
Gillisjp

Post by Gillisjp »

Glad we have a local chapther now! Excited to see where this will go. When is the first meeting, and what do we need to have together for the meeting? For the newbies like myself should we go ahead and get some reading material? Looking forward to this!