St Louis Bogleheads

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
drg02b

Re: St Louis Bogleheads

Post by drg02b » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:52 pm

Oh, yikes. Just saw this. Will try to attend if I am available.

Also, another update -- Larry Swedroe's talk at the Central Library (downtown St. Louis) is next Thursday, April 26 (6:30-8:30). I created an event in the ChooseFI St. Louis group for this talk, and if anyone is interested, we will grab a beer at Urban Chestnut (3229 Washington) around 8:45ish after the talk.

Veiled

Post by Veiled » Sun May 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Hoping to see everyone today at 3pm at twinOak pizza in Brentwood (1201 Strassner)!
Pardon me as I read these one hundred and fifty-seven SP vs LLC vs Scorp threads...

bkweathe

Post by bkweathe » Mon May 07, 2018 11:53 am

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting yesterday. I hope to join you folks in the future.

Brad

epicahab

Post by epicahab » Mon May 07, 2018 1:39 pm

We had a great time meeting each other and the time flew by. Looking forward to the next one. Big thanks to "Veiled!"

dwickenh

Post by dwickenh » Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Great first revival of the St Louis chapter of the Bogleheads. We enjoyed some great stories and shared investing experiences with each of the group adding to the Boglehead way of investing.

Thanks to Veiled for getting the first meeting under way and being solely responsible for the "revival".

Hope to meet with everyone again in a couple months.

Dan
The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.” | — Warren Buffett

Veiled

Post by Veiled » Tue May 08, 2018 11:17 am

dwickenh wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 pm
Great first revival of the St Louis chapter of the Bogleheads. We enjoyed some great stories and shared investing experiences with each of the group adding to the Boglehead way of investing.

Thanks to Veiled for getting the first meeting under way and being solely responsible for the "revival".

Hope to meet with everyone again in a couple months.

Dan
Dan and epicahab beat me to announcing that we all had a great time!

The group was thinking of meeting again in July, and St. Charles was suggested as a possible location. When we get closer, I'll start sending out PMs to those who expressed interest but couldn't make it to last weekend's meeting. In the mean time, I hope everyone enjoys the start of summer and stays the course.
Pardon me as I read these one hundred and fifty-seven SP vs LLC vs Scorp threads...

ElPenguino

Post by ElPenguino » Thu May 10, 2018 10:28 am

I am also in STL and would love to join the next meetup.