Houston Chapter

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
stimulacra
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by stimulacra » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:55 am

Hey everyone:

Info for the Houston Bogleheads Meetup below:

Date and Time
March 31st (Saturday) at 10:30 AM.

French House
5901 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77057
Link to menu:
http://frenchhousecafe.com/menu/

It looks like we have interest from people coming from Katy and Cypress so I figured this area was central enough to all to work.

Feel free to inbox me for any questions or contact info.

Ms.Lew
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by Ms.Lew » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:52 am

stimulacra wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:55 am
Hey everyone:

Info for the Houston Bogleheads Meetup below:

Date and Time
March 31st (Saturday) at 10:30 AM.

French House
5901 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77057
Link to menu:
http://frenchhousecafe.com/menu/

It looks like we have interest from people coming from Katy and Cypress so I figured this area was central enough to all to work.

Feel free to inbox me for any questions or contact info.
I just found out about this form. I am interested in attending if my job permits me (been working overtime lately). I am from the Missouri City area, near Sugarland.

stimulacra
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by stimulacra » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:47 am

Hi everyone.

Turnout for Saturday's meetup was pretty low key (3 people total) but made for some good conversation. Looking to keep the momentum going for May.

Tentative date for the next Houston meetup:

May 12, 2018 (Saturday)
Location TBD

Looking into some public library options or tea-house / coffee shop options.

If anyone is interested feel free to post below or inbox me.

User avatar
onthecusp
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by onthecusp » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:10 pm

I'd like to join the fun.

East Pearland but I'm not bothered by any relatively central location.

starkinthesouth
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by starkinthesouth » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:49 pm

I would also be interested in attending. Anything in Houston proper should work for me.

ef11
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by ef11 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:39 pm

I'm close to downtown and would also like to join. Any location is fine and I should be in town May 12th.
45% Vang S&P500 Fund ER .011% | 10% Vang Extended Market Fund ER .038% | 25% ACWI EX US IMI NL R ER .10% | 10% Vang Total Bond Market ER .027% | 10% Fidelity MSCI Real Estate ER 0.084%

stimulacra
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by stimulacra » Mon May 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi everyone:

Time and location for the next Houston meetup:

Saturday May 12, 2018, 10:30 am
Le Peep (Woodway location)
5750 Woodway Dr #162, Houston, TX 77057

It's a quiet non-trendy brunch place that shouldn't be too busy.

Let me know if you can make it. Inbox me for contact info to coordinate.

3of3
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by 3of3 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 pm

i am free tomorrow for the meet up.

User avatar
onthecusp
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by onthecusp » Sat May 12, 2018 1:11 pm

stimulacra wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:15 pm
Hi everyone:

Time and location for the next Houston meetup:

Saturday May 12, 2018, 10:30 am
Le Peep (Woodway location)
5750 Woodway Dr #162, Houston, TX 77057

It's a quiet non-trendy brunch place that shouldn't be too busy.

Let me know if you can make it. Inbox me for contact info to coordinate.
Thanks for organizing this! Enjoyed meeting you and the others. I look forward to more discussions in the future.

stimulacra
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston Chapter

Post by stimulacra » Sat May 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks for coming! Enjoyed the conversation and various perspectives today. Just finished bookmarking some articles and blog posts to read later.

Next Chapter Meetup will be in July (either 07/07 or 07/21). I am thinking a local ice house in the early afternoon since Houston summer will be in full swing but am open to suggestions.
onthecusp wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:11 pm
stimulacra wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:15 pm
Hi everyone:

Time and location for the next Houston meetup:

Saturday May 12, 2018, 10:30 am
Le Peep (Woodway location)
5750 Woodway Dr #162, Houston, TX 77057

It's a quiet non-trendy brunch place that shouldn't be too busy.

Let me know if you can make it. Inbox me for contact info to coordinate.
Thanks for organizing this! Enjoyed meeting you and the others. I look forward to more discussions in the future.

Post Reply