Let's Wish Mr. Bogle - Happy Valentine's Day

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Kathleen Ryan
Location: CA, Co-Administrator FB Bogleheads, Local Chapter 9-SF/Bay Area Coordinator

Let's Wish Mr. Bogle - Happy Valentine's Day

Post by Kathleen Ryan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:09 am

Many people express their thanks year-round to Mr. Bogle, and all he's done for the small investor. It's also nice to have a special day when we can wear our hearts on our sleeves for those we care deeply about.

Dear Mr. Bogle, Thank you for being our champion and inspiration for this special forum, and all the chapters of Bogleheads that have sprung up around the United States, and now in many other parts of the world. It's always an honor when we get to see you in person, at our yearly National Bogleheads Meetings, and to see you on TV, as the voice of calm and reason, especially when we feel the need to strap ourselves in, when the stock market takes us on a roller-coaster ride.

Here's a little poem I wrote for you:

Tulips of yore-
Bubbles galore.
Since way back when,
Again and again.
Enjoy the ride
Markets gain, then subside
What gets us through?
Thinking of you.

Happy Valentines Day.

Fondly, and with best wishes always,
Kathleen Ryan
Best wishes, | Kathleen

catdude

Re: Let's Wish Mr. Bogle - Happy Valentine's Day

Post by catdude » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:54 am

Wonderful poem, Kathleen!

Mr. Bogle - In all honesty, given that I'm a guy, I have to admit that you're not exactly my idea of a valentine. But I will nevertheless wish you a Happy Valentine's Day! We've never met, but you've done a lot for me, and I sincerely appreciate it. Thank you!
catdude | | The only thing between North Dakota and the North Pole is a barbed-wire fence.

oldcomputerguy

Re: Let's Wish Mr. Bogle - Happy Valentine's Day

Post by oldcomputerguy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 am

A haiku for the occasion:

Cold investing world;
Bogle's Folly brought us warmth.
I am now secure.

Happy Valentine's Day, and thank you, Mr. Bogle.
:beer
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.