NE Ohio (Cleveland Area) Master Thread

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
Robconoclast

Re: NE Ohio (Cleveland Area) Master Thread

Post by Robconoclast » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

On vacation :beer Are we still discussing the Warren Buffet article in October ?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

bobinberea

Post by bobinberea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:59 pm

That question was raised at our meeting this morning (Aug 12), but Karen was absent, so we'll need to wait until she is back in town to get a definitive answer. In a recent email she announced that the October meeting will be on Oct 14.

BobinBerea

Robconoclast

Post by Robconoclast » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 am

Bob, Looking at my notes from June 10. Just confirming that we're meeting October 14, the second Saturday as we usually do and not the seventh. It'd give me a great reason to reschedule my appointment with my dentist :beer

bobinberea

Post by bobinberea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 am

Oct 14 is still my assumption. Hopefully we'll all hear from Karen soon.

BobinBerea

Maid of the Mist

Post by Maid of the Mist » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 pm

The next Boglehead meeting is Oct 14. Followed by the year -end meeting on Dec 9. All meetings start at 10am. Location is North Royalton Library.

veindoc

Post by veindoc » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Any chance the meeting will ever be on the east side? Or will it always be at the North Royalton library?

runner9

Post by runner9 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:35 pm

mrsytf wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 pm
Any chance the meeting will ever be on the east side? Or will it always be at the North Royalton library?
+1

bobinberea

Post by bobinberea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:44 pm

mrsytf wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 pm
This is a tough one. We have always met in a location that is more or less 'central.' For example, to get to North Royalton I drive about 45 minutes from Lorain County. How long do eastsiders have to drive to get to North Royalton?

Maid of the Mist

Post by Maid of the Mist » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 pm

We should discuss the meeting location at the next meeting. Bob is correct - we always tried to provide a central NE Ohio location.

We did meet in the past at the Brecksville library which is a little more central, however they only have one large meeting and many times, I was unable to reserve it. The library had many events on Saturday and those took precedence over our meeting and at times they would unilaterally move us to a very small room. The North Royalton library has four larger meeting rooms with computer and projector access. They have been very easy to deal with and never unilaterally changed our meeting room. So we have been meeting there regularly. But we can review other options.

Karen

veindoc

Post by veindoc » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:54 pm

From Solon, it's actually only 30 minutes. I imagined it further but that's not too bad.

Maid of the Mist

Post by Maid of the Mist » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Our next Bogleheads meeting is this Saturday, Oct. 14 at 10 AM. It will be at the North Royalton Branch Library (of the Cuyahoga library system).

Topics include:

1. Berkshire Hathaway 2016 letter to shareholders. We will focus on pages 21-25 “The Bet” (or how your money finds its way to Wall Street)
2. Equifax data breach (What is it? Who is affected? What are its potential effects on individuals? What can we do to protect ourselves?)

I hope to see you there,

Karen

bobinberea

Post by bobinberea » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Hope to be there!

BobinBerea

MarilynDennison

Post by MarilynDennison » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Karen,

I enjoyed attending the NE Ohio Boglehead Chapter this morning and found it extremely informative.

For those of you who wish to attend, the South Florida Chapter will be on January 21, 2018 at noon located at the Stirling Road Branch Library, Hollywood, FL.

Also, I have copied penywise's Amazon link information about which I spoke.

"Specifically, on the Bogleheads.org front page, if you scroll down on the left to the 'Support this Site' section, you can click directly on the Amazon link immediately underneath and as Larry A. explained to us, using this route when you order anything will generate a small donation to maintain the bogleheads technical service with absolutely no cost or fee to the user. What a Bogleheadian concept: you are helping keep an incredible resource going by purchasing your usual Amazon products!

Despite its hiding in plain sight, I'd simply never noticed that button or realized how easy it is to help out. Worth repeating too that Bogleheads.org is run by and for VOLUNTEERS so our financial help is certainly useful and appreciated."
"

Thanks again,
Marilyn

bobinberea

Post by bobinberea » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Marilyn,

It was a pleasure to have you and your daughter join us today. The Boglehead Fellowship extends far and wide! Come back again next time you are up north!

BobinBerea
(the professor Bob sitting at the end of the room)

raamakoti

Post by raamakoti » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 am

was there a Nov meeting? Is there a meeting in December. I would like to meet Cleveland area Boglehead chapter members and learn.

Robconoclast

Post by Robconoclast » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 am

According to my notes the next.meeting is Saturday December 9, 10:00 a.m. at the North Royalton branch of the Cuyahoga County Library. :beer

Maid of the Mist

Post by Maid of the Mist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Well - it is time again for our meeting and this is your reminder. We will meet at the North Royalton Library at 10am on Saturday, Dec 9. Topics include:

1. Personal Computer Hygiene presented by Bryan Roberts. I understand Natalie is helping with the information. This is a very important topic at this time and I am personally very interested because I had someone access an account of mine recently.

2. Estate Planning. See Fidelity link for information on this topic https://www.fidelity.com/growing-managi ... g/overview

3. General Discussion

Hope to see you all there!

Karen

bobinberea

Post by bobinberea » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Praying for decent weather, I hope to be there!

BobinBerea

Maid of the Mist

Post by Maid of the Mist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Bump up.

I hope the weather is good also.

Karen