Master Thread for Metro Boston's Chapter

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
cromoth

Re: Master Thread for Metro Boston's Chapter

Postby cromoth » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:53 am

siamond wrote:
cromoth wrote:For 3/11 meeting, wondering if anyone wants to help me "be green" by giving me a ride from electric car charging station 3 miles north of library. Please message me if so.

Also, I've requested agenda but haven't seen. I'm interested in reviewing Retirement Optimizer & long term care.

Cromoth, I don't think you've seen it, but I sent you a private message a few days ago.

Thanks I did with 2 attachments. Didn't seem to indicate reply, sorry if I missed that.

siamond

Postby siamond » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Ongoing roll call for our coming meeting. We have quite the contingent this time, cool.

Saturday March 11th, 2017 (1pm to 4pm): Metro-Boston Bogleheads chapter quarterly meeting (agenda was shared by e-mail). Location: Lincoln Public Library (MA).

Please let me know (e-mail, private message, or post on this thread) who is planning to come, and possible additional parties (e.g. friend, family, etc).

Committed:
    siamond
    Norton750
    dancul (x2)
    luv_ice_skating
    liberty53
    techrules
    Afan47
    DorchesterMa
    dyeusdi
    bluebolt
    etarini
    juntas
    moshe
    timoneer
    KidneyMD
    cromoth
    bonz
    (three other attendees with no alias)
Tentative:
    traveltoomuch
    krk878787 (x2)

whitey2755

Postby whitey2755 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Hello everyone. I just joined the site and may be interested in joining this chapter. I don't yet have the ability to PM apparently, which is why I am posting this.

siamond

Postby siamond » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:03 pm

whitey2755 wrote:Hello everyone. I just joined the site and may be interested in joining this chapter. I don't yet have the ability to PM apparently, which is why I am posting this.

Whitey, why don't you come to join us at the Lincoln Public Library this Saturday, at 1PM, and we'll take it from there? There will be quite a group of attendees, but I'm sure we can find you a seat.

bluebolt

Postby bluebolt » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Great event today! Thanks to siamond and all the presenters.

siamond

Postby siamond » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Yes, the meeting went really well, more than 25 attendees, very interactive discussions, cool. Next meeting will be early June, exact date TBD.

KidneyMD

Postby KidneyMD » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Thanks for organizing everything siamond! Learned a lot :)

Afan47

Postby Afan47 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Yes, learned a lot from all presentations and group discussions. Thanks to the presenters and siamond for organizing the event!

Unfortunately, I had to leave right after the presentations. Hope to connect with fellow bogleheads in next event.

whitey2755

Postby whitey2755 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 pm

siamond wrote:
whitey2755 wrote:Hello everyone. I just joined the site and may be interested in joining this chapter. I don't yet have the ability to PM apparently, which is why I am posting this.

Whitey, why don't you come to join us at the Lincoln Public Library this Saturday, at 1PM, and we'll take it from there? There will be quite a group of attendees, but I'm sure we can find you a seat.

Sorry, was out of town this weekend, most likely will attend the next one.

siamond

Postby siamond » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Here are the dates for the next Metro-Boston meetings, please mark your calendars:

- June 3rd, 10am to noon (Lincoln Library), then social lunch (probably Bertucci/Waltham)
- September 9th, 1pm to 4pm (Lincoln library)

Return to “Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community”