Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Discussions about the forum and contents
User avatar
SeeMoe
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Near Philly..

Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Postby SeeMoe » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Trying to add a book .http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... 3,200_.jpg
Okay that must be it! :o
"By gnawing through a dike, even a Rat can destroy a nation ." {Edmund Burke}

User avatar
LadyGeek
Site Admin
Posts: 30338
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Postby LadyGeek » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:47 pm

SeeMoe wrote:Trying to add a book .http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... 3,200_.jpg
Okay that must be it! :o

Select the link, then click on the "Img" button in the editing toolbar. Or, just copy this into your post:

Code: Select all

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51a2UgeVQSL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

Will appear as:

Image
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

User avatar
SeeMoe
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Near Philly..

Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Postby SeeMoe » Mon May 02, 2016 8:48 pm

tfb wrote:[The moderator has "stickied" this thread to put at the top every time the forum is displayed. If you want to try out some forum feature, use this thread for your test posts.]

Note: Test posts may be deleted after the poster has a chance to see that everything is working. So make sure you have a copy of anything you post here that you want to save.


The is a test post for the purpose of demonstrating the features of the new board.

1. Including a link is easy. No more entering html code. Just paste the link url. That's it! For example, here's a link to Vanguard home page:

http://www.vanguard.com

2. Formatting text is easy. Just highlight a block of text, hit the 'B' button for bold, 'i' for italics, 'u' for underline. F[url][url]forbes[/url][/url]or example:

Vanguard Diehards Forum

Test. [url][/url]
"By gnawing through a dike, even a Rat can destroy a nation ." {Edmund Burke}

User avatar
SeeMoe
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Near Philly..

Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Postby SeeMoe » Mon May 02, 2016 8:56 pm

tfb wrote:[The moderator has "stickied" this thread to put at the top every time the forum is displayed. If you want to try out some forum feature, use this thread for your test posts.]

Note: Test posts may be deleted after the poster has a chance to see that everything is working. So make sure you have a copy of anything you post here that you want to save.


The is a test post for the purpose of demonstrating the features of the new board.

1. Including a link is easy. No more entering html code. Jus[url][/url]t paste the link url. That's it! For example, here's a link to Vanguard home page:

http://www.vanguard.com

2. Formatting text is easy. Just highlight a block of text, hit the 'B' button for bold, 'i' for italics, 'u' for underline. For example:

Vanguard Diehards Forum

New test...forbes.com[url][/url]
"By gnawing through a dike, even a Rat can destroy a nation ." {Edmund Burke}

Miriam2
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Postby Miriam2 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm

SeeMoe wrote:
tfb wrote:2. Formatting text is easy. Just highlight a block of text, hit the 'B' button for bold, 'i' for italics, 'u' for underline. F[url][url]forbes[/url][/url]or example:
Vanguard Diehards Forum

Test. [url][/url]

SeeMoe wrote:New test...forbes.com[url][/url]

SeeMoe - try this format
url=www.bogleheads.org-or whatever web site you want]then whatever title you want here or repeat the web site[/url
note - I did not put the brackets at the beginning or the end because I wanted to illustrate the middle, but there needs to be a [ before the url and a ] at the very end for the whole thing to work.

Christine knows the code lingo better and explains it this way:
Christine_NM wrote:Asking Portfolio Questions
lb url=https...rbTitle of link lb/url rb


LadyGeek - my phpBB format buttons don't work - I need to type the code long hand :shock: Is it my computer or the forum?
Also, my smilies won't work in the middle of my post, the smilie jumps to the end :annoyed

User avatar
LadyGeek
Site Admin
Posts: 30338
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Postby LadyGeek » Mon May 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Miriam2 wrote:LadyGeek - my phpBB format buttons don't work - I need to type the code long hand :shock: Is it my computer or the forum?
Also, my smilies won't work in the middle of my post, the smilie jumps to the end :annoyed

I'd say it's your computer. Try logging out and clearing your browser cache.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Miriam2
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here

Postby Miriam2 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:22 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Miriam2 wrote:LadyGeek - my phpBB format buttons don't work - I need to type the code long hand :shock: Is it my computer or the forum?
Also, my smilies won't work in the middle of my post, the smilie jumps to the end :annoyed

I'd say it's your computer. Try logging out and clearing your browser cache.

Thank you!
Clearing the browser cache is always a nail-biter for me - who knows what will be deleted in the inner workings of the cache?? :shock: :shock:


Return to “Forum Issues and Administration”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests