Forum Spam

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
jebmke

Forum Spam

Post by jebmke »

It appears like there is more in the last couple of days. Is 2FA available?
Stay hydrated; don't sweat the small stuff
Silk McCue

Re: Forum Spam

Post by Silk McCue »

Can you explain exactly what forum spam is? I honestly have no idea what you are referring to. Also, how would 2FA stop that?

From just now seeing a Spam post from what appears to be a hacked account of a member that joined in 2018 that has been reported. No idea how 2FA could address that. All we can do is report them and have them banned.

Cheers
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

Moderators are available. Just report them as you see them, that's what the little button with the exclamation point is for. The mods are volunteers so don't expect instant action. (My experience is that they'll often take care of it in a day.)
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Silk McCue wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:57 am From just now seeing a Spam post from what appears to be a hacked account of a member that joined in 2018 that has been reported. No idea how 2FA could address that. All we can do is report them and have them banned.
Yes, that appears to be the case. Thanks to the member who report the problematic post. We took care of it behind-the-scenes.

Members can report a post using the (report post) icon in the top-right corner of the post and explain what's wrong. Problematic posts of this nature are taken care of as soon as possible.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.