Automatic Logout?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
Horsefly

Automatic Logout?

Post by Horsefly »

I used to leave my browser up and on tab on BH for weeks. Sometimes I'd go days without looking at it, but when I did I was still logged in and could quickly see if there were any threads I had commented on that were updated.

Some time recently - maybe in the past week or so - I noticed that I am logged out of BH after a couple of hours, even if the tab is still open and I've been reading threads. Is this new? Is it a good thing?
Stinky

Re: Automatic Logout?

Post by Stinky »

That’s not happening to me.

You might want to private message one of the admins, and ask them to forward your issue to the BH technical team.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

Not happening to me either. Maybe you're hacked - change your BH password is what I recommend.
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Have you recently updated your browser?

Has anything changed in how your browser manages cookies?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Topic Author
Horsefly

Post by Horsefly »

Wow. Thanks you folks for responding. This is really strange.

I use Chrome, which has me update periodically, and certainly has updated during this time.

I think I will change passwords, although if someone were to hack me, this seems like the last place to go after. :wink:
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Here's a few possibiilities:

- When you login, be sure to check the "Remember be" box under username / password fields. Not doing so will log you out when you try to post or do other forum actions (I forget what they are). Don't blame me, I didn't write the software. That's how it works.

- Clearing cookies will log you out.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
Horsefly

Post by Horsefly »

LadyGeek wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:07 am Here's a few possibiilities:

- When you login, be sure to check the "Remember be" box under username / password fields. Not doing so will log you out when you try to post or do other forum actions (I forget what they are). Don't blame me, I didn't write the software. That's how it works.

- Clearing cookies will log you out.
Yep, that was it. Thanks @LadyGeek.

I have no idea how this wasn't getting me earlier. I don't think I've ever checked that box, at least not on purpose. :confused