secret santa 2020

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
sil2017

secret santa 2020

Post by sil2017 »

I believe i added my name for Secret Santa 2020. I have not received any information on this. I never received a person's name and address for me to be their Secret Santa.

However, today i received a gift from Secret Santa. I believe it is from Secret Santa at Boglehead.

Anyone have any information on this.

Thanks
Sil
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: secret santa 2020

Post by LadyGeek »

I'm not aware of anything at Bogleheads.

What type of gift did you receive? An email or a package that was mailed to you?
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
sil2017

Post by sil2017 »

once I received a package of stationary from a company, thought it was a mistake and sent to wrong person so donated for truck pick up. This was last month . Perhaps there was a note from Secret Santa but didn't even look.
Yesterday I received an amazon package for cashmere clothing which I didn't purchase. When I looked inside the package, there was a note stating " Enjoy your gift from Secret Santa". No idea where it came from....I do remember that I responded to Boglehead for the first time for my name to be placed for Secret Santa so thought maybe its from here. I never received any name for me to be a Secret Santa to anyone.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Sorry, but a google search doesn't show any forum discussions related to a Secret Santa.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Peculiar_Investor

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

sil2017 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:41 am I do remember that I responded to Boglehead for the first time for my name to be placed for Secret Santa
Nor does this this board search of your posts find any results that would suggest anything like that.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Topic Author
sil2017

Post by sil2017 »

okay thanks.

Now I am wondering who that secret Santa is.
HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch »

Perhaps a family member or friend is sending you these gifts due to the cancellation of your usual holiday get togethers?
yules

Post by yules »

sil2017 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 am okay thanks.

Now I am wondering who that secret Santa is.
OP,

Please keep us updated! Now that the thread about the guy with the mysterious sage in his new house has petered out, this can be a new exciting mystery for the board!

Yules
ionball

Post by ionball »

Ok, I'll confess. It wasn't me.
JonnyDVM

Post by JonnyDVM »

I think Reddit does this maybe? Kinda early for that though.
I’d trade it all for a little more | -C Montgomery Burns
yules

Post by yules »

HomeStretch wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:18 am Perhaps a family member or friend is sending you these gifts due to the cancellation of your usual holiday get togethers?
Good thought!

OP, does this clothing even fit you? If so, then it’s more likely that it’s someone you know, a family member or friend. Unless giving strangers your measurements is part of signing up for secret Santa, in which case it may as well double as a dating service, lol.

Or maybe this is a work thing in which case it might be embarrassing if your email with the person you’re supposed to buy a gift for is stuck in your spam mail! That person sure will be sad this year!

Yules