Amazon Rebate to Bogleheads

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
sport

Amazon Rebate to Bogleheads

Post by sport »

I understand that if we make a purchase on the Amazon website via the link on the Bogleheads page, that Amazon provides a rebate to the Bogleheads. Can you share the amount of the rebate? Is it a flat amount, or a percentage of the purchase?
terran

Re: Amazon Rebate to Bogleheads

Post by terran »

CABob

Post by CABob »

As reference points you might review viewtopic.php?t=283225 and viewtopic.php?t=64524
Bob
Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe »

sport wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm I understand that if we make a purchase on the Amazon website via the link on the Bogleheads page, that Amazon provides a rebate to the Bogleheads. Can you share the amount of the rebate? Is it a flat amount, or a percentage of the purchase?
This is a great question. I look forward to a direct answer as well.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

you can also go thru smile.amazon and set up Bogleheads Financial to receive a piece of the action.
Duckie

Post by Duckie »

sport wrote:I understand that if we make a purchase on the Amazon website via the link on the Bogleheads page, that Amazon provides a rebate to the Bogleheads. Can you share the amount of the rebate? Is it a flat amount, or a percentage of the purchase?
Usually it's a percentage based on the product category. See Table 1 here. For example, if you purchase a physical book the qualifying revenue is 4.50%. If you purchase a watch it's 4.00%, etc. I assume that is on base price before sales taxes and shipping.

There are also some special "Bounty Events" that return dollar amounts. See Table 1 (a) & (b).
Topic Author
sport

Post by sport »

Thank you to those who answered my question.