Where is change password option on this site?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
genjix

Where is change password option on this site?

Post by genjix » Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pm

Had to click forget password but not sure where to change it

student

Re: Where is change password option on this site?

Post by student » Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Click the upsidedown triangle next to you name on the upper right hand corner for the drop down menu. Click User Control Panel. Click Profile tab. Click edit account settings on the left to get to the page.

oldcomputerguy
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods in East Tennessee

Post by oldcomputerguy » Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 pm

This topic is now in the "Forum Issues and Administration" forum.

What you do to change your password is dependent on whether or not you're logged in.

If you are logged in and simply want to change your password, click your username on the right side of the header bar, then select "User Control Panel". From there, select the "Profile" tab, and on the left select the "Edit account settings" option.

If you have logged out and cannot remember your password, click where it says "Login", then look right under the username and password boxes; there will be a "forgot my password" link there. You'll be prompted to enter the email address you used when signing up for the board; you'll receive an email at that address with instructions.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

Topic Author
genjix

Post by genjix » Tue May 14, 2019 8:54 pm

This worked. Thanks!