User surge at 3:07AM?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
cruzbay

User surge at 3:07AM?

Post by cruzbay »

Saw this today and it seems curious that the highest user count was in the middle of the night on a Saturday. Any ideas why or is there usually a large audience burning the oil at 3AM Saturdays? Real users or bots?

"In total there are 903 users online :: 82 registered, 14 hidden and 807 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 3350 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:07 am"
mmcmonster

Re: User surge at 3:07AM?

Post by mmcmonster »

That would be Saturday mornings ~ 9am in England. Maybe they're reading the forum with their morning tea and biscuit? :D
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Yes, very curious. But what time zone is being reported, your own or GMT? If GMT that’s 9pm Friday night on the east coast.
jminv

Post by jminv »

The middle of the night on Saturday for Americans is waking hours in Europe and Asia. There are a lot of users and lurkers in these regions (a lot more lurkers than users I think). I live in Europe and am temporarily in Asia so I was one of the users. Plus some Americans who can't sleep.
Topic Author
cruzbay

Post by cruzbay »

You all are so smart! I never thought of the time zone/international audience. Very nice. My curiosity is cured.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Those with a sharp eye may have noticed an increase in contributions from our European wiki editors.

The latest is here: Investing from Ireland (in progress)

We use the same software as Wikipedia. Editing activity can be found in the left-side menu under Recent changes (desktop view only).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.