10 years - thank you forum admins and posters

Discussions about the forum and contents
nordsteve

10 years - thank you forum admins and posters

Post by nordsteve » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:49 am

It's been ten years to the hour since I first joined the forum. I grew up in a family that discussed investing at the dinner table, so you might think that I wouldn't have a lot to gain. Yet I’ve learned many details from other posters that would’ve taken hours of research on my own to learn.

My thanks to both the forum maintainers and everyone who contributes to the excellent quality of content here. In particular, thank you for the strict moderation policies which I think is the essential element of the board's success.

I looked at the rate of postings that I would need to make to catch Livesoft. It's pretty disheartening. Perhaps when I'm retired I'll take up that mountainous task.

galeno

Re: 10 years - thank you forum admins and posters

Post by galeno » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:54 am

I agree. I have learned so much from this board. Over 10 years too. Thank you to all.
AA = 40/55/5. Expected CAGR = 3.8%. GSD (5y) = 6.2%. USD inflation (10 y) = 1.8%. AWR = 4.0%. TER = 0.4%. Port Yield = 2.82%. Term = 33 yr. FI Duration = 6.0 yr. Portfolio survival probability = 95%.

wesgreen

Post by wesgreen » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Ditto. Especially to the veterans for their patience.

jfn111

Post by jfn111 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 pm

I agree. Many Thanks!

SevenBridgesRoad

Post by SevenBridgesRoad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:19 am

I likewise credit this forum as one of four "voices" which helped me get my act together, plan, and actually retire two weeks ago, comfortably and safety at age 61.

The four:

1) The book "Die Broke": changed my thinking about debt, paying cash, spending inheritance while still alive, and annuities as part of a plan to never run out of money,

2) Mr. Money Mustache, "The Shocking Simple Math of Early Retirement", answering the question, "What is enough?",

3) Discovering and immersing in Bogleheads Forum: many, many, many posts: "Simplicity. Buy the haystack. Stay the course. Three funds.",

4) WaitButWhy's "Life Calendar": it changed my thinking about 'when'. Life is very, very short. I'm is 2/3rds over, likely. Do I really want to spend even one week more week than necessary working?

Thank you Bogleheads Forum.
There are stars in the Southern sky | And if ever you decide | You should go | There is a taste of time sweetened honey | Down the Seven Bridges Road