Posts with HTML

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
Earl Lemongrab

Posts with HTML

Post by Earl Lemongrab »

I occasionally see posts with embedded HTML:

<t>Hello,<br/>
I've been reading Jack's books and this forum's discussions for long time, and I am grateful to all the things I learnt from you guys.<br/>
<br/>

viewtopic.php?p=4104018

How does this come about? Are they using some sort of editor that's yielding HTML?
2pedals

Re: Posts with HTML

Post by 2pedals »

Maybe cut and paste from an raw HTML file or maybe cut and HTML paste function?
Topic Author
Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab »

2pedals wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:39 pm Maybe cut and paste from an raw HTML file or maybe cut and HTML paste function?
But it's not a quote from something, it's clearly new text for a post. How would it be in an HTML file?
2retire

Post by 2retire »

I can't speak to that specific case, but some people compose their posts offline in some other text editor. This is done because some websites have a timeout when creating posts. Nothing sucks worse than working a couple hours on a post, finally hitting submit, and getting an error back from the website and losing your entire post. It is much easier to compose the post offline in another editor then cut and paste it into the edit box and submit right away.
2pedals

Post by 2pedals »

Earl Lemongrab wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:45 pm
2pedals wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:39 pm Maybe cut and paste from an raw HTML file or maybe cut and HTML paste function?
But it's not a quote from something, it's clearly new text for a post. How would it be in an HTML file?
A copy from raw text to a HTML paste function if the poster thinks that HTML is required.
2pedals

Post by 2pedals »

or using something like this:
https://wordtohtml.net/
FactualFran

Post by FactualFran »

Earl Lemongrab wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 pm I occasionally see posts with embedded HTML:

<t>Hello,<br/>
I've been reading Jack's books and this forum's discussions for long time, and I am grateful to all the things I learnt from you guys.<br/>
<br/>

viewtopic.php?p=4104018

How does this come about? Are they using some sort of editor that's yielding HTML?
The one who is most likely able to accurately answer those question is the one who made the post. Post the questions in the forum where the post was made.