Multi Quote

Discussions about the forum and contents
WhatsIRR

Multi Quote

Post by WhatsIRR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 am

Is there a way to quote and reply to multiple people in a single post? When I tried hitting the quote button it quoted that single post but I could not find a way to add others.

livesoft

Re: Multi Quote

Post by livesoft » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 am

WhatsIRR wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 am
Is there a way to quote and reply to multiple people in a single post? When I tried hitting the quote button it quoted that single post but I could not find a way to add others.
Open a new browser window. Go to the post you want to quote, press the quote button, cut the quote (you know how to select the entire thing, right?), go back to original browser window. Paste. Do this all day until your are comfortable with cut, paste, multiple browser windows, etc.
The Wizard wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:25 am
livesoft wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:23 am
johussman wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:13 am
PFInterest wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:12 am
really, you dont even say what you are looking at?
why is this a serious question?

you can afford a used Civic.
I'm looking at a BMW 3 series certified pre owned about 40k with 8k miles on it
Buying that car means that you will not be able to afford other things that you might want.
"Will" is a rather strong assertion to make, methinks...
RadAudit wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:50 am
View all the separate accounts (401k, Roth) as one account when determining your desired asset allocation. You now have 20k and invest 7k per year - if I can add correctly.

Either of the two or three fund approach is OK. A single target date fund is OK, too. The key is to start. But within two or three years, you can probably go to three funds in the Roth and lower your ERs.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:32 pm

If you do that, I hope you trim down the quotes. I hate where there's a big wall of quote and down at the bottom a one-line comment. Or worse, a "+1".
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

WhatsIRR

Post by WhatsIRR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Thanks. Multiple windows worked not sure why I didn’t think of that.

One of the other boards I play on has a multi quote button you could hit on different post and it would add all of them to the response.

FiveK

Post by FiveK » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 am

WhatsIRR wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

One of the other boards I play on has a multi quote button you could hit on different post and it would add all of them to the response.
If you scroll down below the edit window for a reply, you can see the other posts in the thread, along with quote buttons in their upper right. Click on one of those quote buttons and that post will appear where your cursor is in the edit window.

For example,
Earl Lemongrab wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:32 pm
If you do that, I hope you trim down the quotes. I hate where there's a big wall of quote and down at the bottom a one-line comment. Or worse, a "+1".

WhatsIRR

Post by WhatsIRR » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:38 am

FiveK wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 am
WhatsIRR wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

If you scroll down below the edit window for a reply, you can see the other posts in the thread, along with quote buttons in their upper right. Click on one of those quote buttons and that post will appear where your cursor is in the edit window.

For example,
Earl Lemongrab wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:32 pm
Awesome. Thanks

I had noticed the last post under the edit window but didn’t realize I could scroll and see all the post (on mobile).

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Hit the "Post Reply" button. The post edit window opens with the rest of the thread appearing below it in reverse time order.

Scroll down to the post you want and hit the "Quote" button. The quote appears at the cursor location.

You can also quote part of post (if there are no quotes within the text selection). For example, in the thread shown below the post edit box, scroll down to livesoft's post and select just this portion of the post:
livesoft wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 am
Open a new browser window. Go to the post you want to quote, press the quote button, cut the quote (you know how to select the entire thing, right?), go back to original browser window. Paste. Do this all day until your are comfortable with cut, paste, multiple browser windows, etc.
Then, hit the quote button in that post. The quote appears as shown.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.