Amazon Link

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
zeppy

Amazon Link

Post by zeppy »

If I want to make a purchase on Amazon, using the Boglehead link so as to give credit to Boglehead, do I need to be logged into Boglehead in order for it to count on Amazon?

Zeppy
Pajamas

Re: Amazon Link

Post by Pajamas »

I'm not a mod here but you don't have to be logged into Bogleheads, you just have to use the referral link. Here's the way it works:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he ... src=ac-nav

1. Qualifying Purchases and Qualifying Revenue

We will pay Standard Program Fees described in Section 3 of this Fee Statement in connection with “Qualifying Purchases”, which (subject to the exclusions described in this Fee Statement) occur when:

(a) our customer clicks through a Special Link on your Site to an Amazon Site; and

(b) during a single session, which is measured as beginning when our customer clicks through that Special Link and ending upon the first to occur of the following: (x) 24 hours elapse from that click, (y) our customer places an order for a Product, other than a digital item sold under the name “Amazon MP3,” “Amazon Shorts”, “eDocs”, “Amazon Video”, “Amazon Software Downloads”, “Game Downloads”, “Kindle Books”, “Kindle Newspapers”, “Kindle Blogs”, “Kindle Newsfeeds”, or “Kindle Magazines” (a “Digital Product”), or (z) our customer follows a Special Link to the Amazon Site that is not your Special Link (a “Session”), any of the following happens:

i. our customer purchases a Product via our 1-Click feature, or

ii. our customer purchases a Product by adding a Product to his or her shopping cart and completing the order for that Product no later than 89 days after their initial click-through of the Special Link, or

iii. with respect to Digital Products, our customer purchases such a Product by streaming or downloading it from an Amazon Site; and

(c) our customer actually receives and pays for such Product.

For each Qualifying Purchase, the corresponding “Qualifying Revenue” is equal to the amount we actually receive from that Qualifying Purchase, less any shipping charges, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, service charges, rebates, credit card processing fees, and bad debt.
Topic Author
zeppy

Re: Amazon Link

Post by zeppy »

Got it!
Thank you very much.