Editing Subject Line

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
tomd37

Editing Subject Line

Post by tomd37 »

I know a poster can edit the text of a post. Can the poster edit the subject line of a post?
Tom D.
livesoft

Yes, they can.

Post by livesoft »

See the subject line of this post.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
Topic Author
tomd37

Re: Editing Subject Line

Post by tomd37 »

The reason I ask is there is a post on another forum here that says "Gold Ball" when it should read "Golf Ball" and the poster has not edited the subject line.
Tom D.
livesoft

Re: Editing Subject Line

Post by livesoft »

tomd37 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 am The reason I ask is there is a post on another forum here that says "Gold Ball" when it should read "Golf Ball" and the poster has not edited the subject line.
They were being polite I think since changing the subject line would ruin all the jokes in the thread.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

This post has been retitled.

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ I spoiled the party. See: [Golf ball] cracked my house window. Do I have any recourse?

Each post has its own Subject: line directly above the post edit area. Changing this field will change the title of the post.

The Subject: line in the first post of the thread becomes that thread's title.

If anyone sees a misleading or incorrect title, please report the post using the "!" in the top-right corner of the post. One of the reasons is "Naked link or misleading title".

Also see: Copyright Policy, 4th paragraph.
Post authors grant forum officers the right to edit post titles for clarity and readability.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.