this is why I value this Forum

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
Valuethinker

this is why I value this Forum

Post by Valuethinker »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=238161&p=3729290#p3729290

See the post by Nords re military on disability retiring to Hawaii.

It's just full of direct and seemingly sensible advice, pointed right at the OP's concerns, and anchored in personal experience.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: this is why I value this Forum

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community forum (Bogleheads community).

FYI - Nords is one of several contributors to the wiki's page for US Military. See: Military finances
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

On the other hand it is unfortunate it wasn't until page 3 that that type of response was provided :)
After some very negative responses...
Nords

Post by Nords »

Valuethinker wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 am viewtopic.php?f=1&t=238161&p=3729290#p3729290

See the post by Nords re military on disability retiring to Hawaii.

It's just full of direct and seemingly sensible advice, pointed right at the OP's concerns, and anchored in personal experience.
Thanks. After 15+ years of posting, I'm gettin' pretty good at it.

I bounce among a dozen forums weekly searching for the keywords "Nords" & "military". Otherwise I spend most of my writing time answering questions on military & financial groups on Facebook.
* | * | Please see my profile for my next book. I don't read every post, so please PM or e-mail me to get my attention.