new pages keep appearing with a popup activated

Discussions about the forum and contents
Bongleur

new pages keep appearing with a popup activated

Post by Bongleur » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:26 am

When I click on something that takes me to a new page, like "board index", freqently the new page will have a popup activated (from Quick Links). Seems that the new page is sensing the cursor location & if it is over a popup link, it activates it as the page loads. Very very annoying.

Every movement of my hand is more joint wear & tear, not to mention the aggregate in wasted time of all persons it happens to.

It happened when this "post new topic" page opened !!!
Seeking Iso-Elasticity. | Tax Loss Harvesting is an Asset Class. | A well-planned presentation creates a sense of urgency. If the prospect fails to act now, he will risk a loss of some sort.

oldcomputerguy

Re: new pages keep appearing with a popup activated

Post by oldcomputerguy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:37 am

Never happens to me. Is this only happening on Bogleheads, or does it show up on other sites? If the latter, I'm guessing either a hardware issue with the mouse/touchpad, or else something has hijacked your browser.

ETA: after reading this post, I'm guessing your browser or perhaps your computer has been compromised.
Last edited by oldcomputerguy on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

climber2020

Post by climber2020 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:40 am

You may have a computer virus.

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 am

What is the popup content?

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Bongleur wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:26 am
When I click on something that takes me to a new page, like "board index", freqently the new page will have a popup activated (from Quick Links). Seems that the new page is sensing the cursor location & if it is over a popup link, it activates it as the page loads. Very very annoying.
If you mean the Quick Links drop-down menu is activated when you load a new page, then something is wrong on your end. You may have a mouse or touch-screen issue. You may also have a browser plug-in that is causing this type of menu to always activate. But it's not happening to other users, so you'll have to figure out what configuration setting on your end is causing this.