web page glitch hovering over "goto pg X" box

Discussions about the forum and contents
Bongleur

web page glitch hovering over "goto pg X" box

Post by Bongleur » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:12 am

When I move my cursor over the box to go to a subsequent page of a thread, usually a popup box appears (just as my finger is going down, so I end up going to the Wiki page).

Seems like I need to carefully put the pointer into a certain portion of the little square box to avoid the popup. And wait a couple seconds for the box to change color before clicking.
Seeking Iso-Elasticity. | Tax Loss Harvesting is an Asset Class. | A well-planned presentation creates a sense of urgency. If the prospect fails to act now, he will risk a loss of some sort.

mouses

Re: web page glitch hovering over "goto pg X" box

Post by mouses » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:45 am

Do you have three threads about this? It seems your computer is infected.

Mudpuppy

Re: web page glitch hovering over "goto pg X" box

Post by Mudpuppy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Bongleur wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:12 am
When I move my cursor over the box to go to a subsequent page of a thread, usually a popup box appears (just as my finger is going down, so I end up going to the Wiki page).

Seems like I need to carefully put the pointer into a certain portion of the little square box to avoid the popup. And wait a couple seconds for the box to change color before clicking.
You're clicking the "Jump to" button instead of the "Go to Page" button. The "Go To Page" button is labeled as an arrow with no words. When you click the arrow, it pops up a box to ask you for the page number.

The "Jump to" button is labeled "Jump to". That's not to go to another page in the thread. That's to go to another part of the Boglehead's website, and the default is to go to the Wiki.

If the buttons at the bottom of the page are too close together on your browser, use the Go to Page arrow at the top of the page instead of the one at the bottom of the page. There is no "Jump to" button at the top of the page.