Is it time to put limit of max 99 active Bitcoin topics?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
wrongfunds

Is it time to put limit of max 99 active Bitcoin topics?

Post by wrongfunds »

This is getting patently ridiculous. I think the time has come to add Bitcoin to the list of unmentionables aka similar to politics and pending legislation.
badbreath

Re: Is it time to put limit of max 99 active Bitcoin topics?

Post by badbreath »

No, Like the Dot Com bubble I want to see it to go to nothing and hear them all say "O CRAP"
“While money can’t buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” Groucho Marx
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

If you feel they are retreading the same topics as already covered before, use the exclamation point icon at the top right of the post to flag it as a duplicate topic for the admins.

If you just don't like the topic, ignore it. I'm not a fan of precious metal investing, but I just ignore any posts about the current price of gold / silver / etc.
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

wrongfunds wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:35 pm This is getting patently ridiculous. I think the time has come to add Bitcoin to the list of unmentionables aka similar to politics and pending legislation.
lol....starting a thread about Bitcoin to complain about multiple threads about Bitcoin. :confused
Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.
brad.clarkston

Post by brad.clarkston »

F150HD wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:47 pm
wrongfunds wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:35 pm This is getting patently ridiculous. I think the time has come to add Bitcoin to the list of unmentionables aka similar to politics and pending legislation.
lol....starting a thread about Bitcoin to complain about multiple threads about Bitcoin. :confused
Yea I thought that was cute as well.
70% AVGE | 20% FXNAX | 10% T-Bill/Muni
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

brad.clarkston wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:51 pm
F150HD wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:47 pm
Yea I thought that was cute as well.
Can someone do a mod alert on their own thread?
telemark

Post by telemark »

There's a strong political component to Bitcoin that can't be discussed here, and IMO not discussing it means missing most of the point. But the same can be said about gold.
Eric76

Post by Eric76 »

The sheer number of Bitcoin threads on BH is itself overwhelming evidence of a massive bubble.
David Jay

Post by David Jay »

Eric76 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:35 pm The sheer number of Bitcoin threads on BH is itself overwhelming evidence of a massive bubble.
+1
It's not an engineering problem - Hersh Shefrin | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Until the site owners change what's allowed in this forum, Bitcoins will remain a valid investing topic.

Bear in mind we've had similar requests for:
- Personal Consumer Issues Forum / Car Purchase Threads (Mar 21, 2014)
- Need a new sub-forum for guns? (Mar 21, 2015)

This topic is locked to end the discussion. If anyone has any further comments, please PM me. Do not start a new discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.