Email notification stop working 100%

Discussions about the forum and contents
BogleMelon

Email notification stop working 100%

Post by BogleMelon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Recently I have noticed that even when I have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked, I sometimes do not get any email notifications when a new post is posted to a thread. Not sure if this is just me, or anyone else having this. It is not my email client since I, sometimes, get the notifications.
Excuse my English, it is my second language! | | "One of the funny things about stock market, every time one is buying another is selling, and both think they are astute" - William Feather

sport

Re: Email notification stop working 100%

Post by sport » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm

BogleMelon wrote:Recently I have noticed that even when I have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked, I sometimes do not get any email notifications when a new post is posted to a thread. Not sure if this is just me, or anyone else having this. It is not my email client since I, sometimes, get the notifications.
Try checking the spam folder. Sometimes email providers decide that mail is spam when they did not in the past.

BogleMelon

Post by BogleMelon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:54 pm

sport wrote:
BogleMelon wrote:Recently I have noticed that even when I have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked, I sometimes do not get any email notifications when a new post is posted to a thread. Not sure if this is just me, or anyone else having this. It is not my email client since I, sometimes, get the notifications.
Try checking the spam folder. Sometimes email providers decide that mail is spam when they did not in the past.
Not in the spam folder either
Excuse my English, it is my second language! | | "One of the funny things about stock market, every time one is buying another is selling, and both think they are astute" - William Feather

Flobes

Post by Flobes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:59 pm

+1

Email notification suddenly and completely stopped working this week.

grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 pm

sport wrote:
I have been with AOL mail for two months (since Verizon switched mail over), and my notifications all go to the spam folder despite my repeatedly marking them as non-spam.
David Grabiner

sport

Post by sport » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:03 am

grabiner wrote:
sport wrote:
I have been with AOL mail for two months (since Verizon switched mail over), and my notifications all go to the spam folder despite my repeatedly marking them as non-spam.
Can you set a filter to mark these as "not spam"?

neurosphere

Post by neurosphere » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:32 am

Interesting. I'm having the same problem where I get some notifications and not others. Found many notifications in my spam folder. This is new, because I had always received all notifications before.

I just set a filter to "never send to spam" when an email is from BH.
-- Real name: Sotirios Keros. If you have to ask "Is a Target Retirement fund right for me?", the answer is yes.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:35 am

sport wrote:Can you set a filter to mark these as "not spam"?
The point is that AOL does not remember the settings. If you are using an email client, e.g. Thunderbird, the only solution is to disable the AOL spam filter and let the email client handle the spam.

The on-going discussion is at: Are people aware that Verizon email is being terminated?
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.