New Board Index Topic - Retirement Planning

Discussions about the forum and contents
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: New Board Index Topic - Retirement Planning

Post by LadyGeek » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:45 am

I merged Munir's thread into an earlier (2016) discussion. My position has not changed.
LadyGeek wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:17 am
I'm in the "leave things alone" camp as I have my hands full just trying to keep the existing forum structure organized.

One of the most common errors is to post a consumer issue discussion in the personal finance forum. For example: Internet/WiFi speeds and costs - I'm not picking on this member, it's just the latest of many.

A long time ago, the members requested that I post in a thread whenever it was moved. Otherwise, they could not find it. Searching for "this thread is now in" LadyGeek site:bogleheads.org shows I've moved 2,470 threads since I started posting the moves.

Going to an even finer resolution on topics will complicate things even more, especially when a discussion spans several topics.
^^^ The count is now at 3,400 threads moved.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

grok87

Re: New Board Index Topic - Retirement Planning

Post by grok87 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:47 am

LadyGeek wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:45 am
I merged Munir's thread into an earlier (2016) discussion. My position has not changed.
LadyGeek wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:17 am
I'm in the "leave things alone" camp as I have my hands full just trying to keep the existing forum structure organized.

One of the most common errors is to post a consumer issue discussion in the personal finance forum. For example: Internet/WiFi speeds and costs - I'm not picking on this member, it's just the latest of many.

A long time ago, the members requested that I post in a thread whenever it was moved. Otherwise, they could not find it. Searching for "this thread is now in" LadyGeek site:bogleheads.org shows I've moved 2,470 threads since I started posting the moves.

Going to an even finer resolution on topics will complicate things even more, especially when a discussion spans several topics.
Agree. I see no need for this.
Keep calm and Boglehead on. KCBO.