Problem with posting

Discussions about the forum and contents
Van

Problem with posting

Post by Van » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:26 pm

I have submitted a couple of replies in the last 2 days that I thought went through fine. However, my replies do not show up in the threads.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

CABob

Re: Problem with posting

Post by CABob » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Are you sure you are logged in to the forum? Without logging in you can view posts but cannot post or reply.
Bob

lululu

Post by lululu » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Van wrote:I have submitted a couple of replies in the last 2 days that I thought went through fine. However, my replies do not show up in the threads.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
I had this happen some times originally because I did not know about the feature Someone has just posted do you want to edit your post. I assumed when I clicked Submit my post went through and I just navigated away from the page.

Van

Post by Van » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Yes, I am logged in.

Perhaps it is the edit issue, since I just click on Submit and navigate away.

CABob

Post by CABob » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:04 pm

lululu wrote: I had this happen some times originally because I did not know about the feature Someone has just posted do you want to edit your post. I assumed when I clicked Submit my post went through and I just navigated away from the page.
I think what lululu is referring to is that if while you are preparing a reply to a conversation someone else posts a reply the system will show the other reply and ask if you want to make any changes to your reply.
Bob

dbr

Post by dbr » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:44 pm

I have lost posts from time to time by not paying attention to the notice that someone else has replied while I was typing, and you can see I should know that by now.

I personally might prefer not to have that feature.

Van

Post by Van » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:51 pm

dbr wrote:I have lost posts from time to time by not paying attention to the notice that someone else has replied while I was typing, and you can see I should know that by now.

I personally might prefer not to have that feature.
This is probably what happened to me, i.e. someone else replied while I was typing. Is this notice a new feature? I never had any problems until recently.

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Van wrote:...Is this notice a new feature?...
No, it wasn't always there but it has been there for several years.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:48 pm

This thread is now in the Forum Issues and Administration forum (problem with posting).

If someone posts a reply while you are typing and hit "Preview", you'll see the notification of the new post. This is not a new feature, it's been there a while (we're not going to change how the software works).

OP - did you figure out what's wrong?
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Van

Post by Van » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:04 pm

LadyGeek wrote:This thread is now in the Forum Issues and Administration forum (problem with posting).

If someone posts a reply while you are typing and hit "Preview", you'll see the notification of the new post. This is not a new feature, it's been there a while (we're not going to change how the software works).

OP - did you figure out what's wrong?
Yes, thanks to all who helped.