EMail when new threads are created?

Discussions about the forum and contents
maxim81

EMail when new threads are created?

Post by maxim81 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Is there a way to get notified when a new thread is created in any forum? I saw an option to get alerted on new replies to an existing thread, but not new threads.

Mudpuppy

Re: EMail when new threads are created?

Post by Mudpuppy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:42 pm

I have never tried it, but at the bottom of each sub-forum page, there is a "Subscribe forum" link. You might try that and see what it does. It might spam your email box with every single reply instead of just new topics though. I've never tried it because I don't want to get email spammed with forum activity.

CABob

Post by CABob » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:48 pm

maxim81 wrote:Is there a way to get notified when a new thread is created in any forum? I saw an option to get alerted on new replies to an existing thread, but not new threads.
Be careful of what you ask for! :twisted:
With the volume of postings on these forums that might result in a lot of email.
Bob

#Cruncher

Post by #Cruncher » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm

I don't know of any way to be notified by email when a new thread is begun. But I find out by going to the main page (www.bogleheads.org) and clicking the word "time" * in the column heading "First (time, by)". This sorts the threads by the order they were created and the new ones appear at the top.

* this modifies the url slightly to

Code: Select all

http://www.bogleheads.org/index.htm?view=5&ndays=1
If you need to see threads created for more than just the past day, change the "1" at the end of the url to a larger number up to "7".